cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dequeue from all CSQs throws an exception

schm196
Level 1
Level 1

I place a caller into a CSQ.  If no agents are logged into that CSQ or nobody is in ready state then I escalate that call and add it to a second queue with different agents.  If the same thing happens there then another escalation takes place and the caller is queued in three CSQs.  When any agent in any of the three queues becomes available and answers the call then I am trying to gracefully end the script.  One of the steps I am using is this one:

Dequeue (--Triggering Contact-- from -- All CSQs --)

The thought process is that the caller only gets automatically dequeued from the CSQ that the answering agent is a member of, not the other two CSQs if the call was escalated all the way.  Perhaps I am already wrong about that and the triggering contact is in fact dequeued from all three CSQs automatically?  However, the moment the call gets answered the reactive script debugger bombs out at this dequeue-all step with the following exception:

Failed to get the ICD Channel from the Contact.

The only thing I could find on the web was that the system might be out of resources, whatever that means, but that is unlikely to apply here.  Has anybody come across this error and knows of an easy fix?

Thanks a lot,  Matthias

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If call is queued to any number of queues and is answered by any agent it is automatically de-queued from all queues, so the error should not be relating to this specific scenario.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why would you dequeue a call that was already answered?  De-queue is meant to be used if you are no longer wanting to queue it and for example do something else i.e play a message and then send to DN, disconnect, etc. 

I suppose that was part of my question - if the contact was queued simultaneously in 3 separate CSQs, does 1 agent answering the call dequeue that contact just from that agent's CSQ or from all other CSQs as well?

If call is queued to any number of queues and is answered by any agent it is automatically de-queued from all queues, so the error should not be relating to this specific scenario.

Okay, thanks - so I can simply remove that script step and shouldn't see the error anymore, which is in fact what happened.  Awesome!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: