Views
Helpful
Replies

Diff between 2-server UCCX 8.5 redundancy vs Enhanced Agent HA redundancy

ashok.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We have bought 2 Cisco Unified CCX 8.5 servers configured in HA mode.

While trying to migrate existing IPCC 4.0 Enhanced agent licenses to Unified CCX 8.5 agent, I have seen Enh-Enh OR Enh-Enh HA license upgrade. Do we need to really have Enh to Enh HA agent license though we have 2 servers already configured under HA mode?

What additional features Enh to Enh HA agent license provide in contrast to Enh to Enh HA agent license Non-HA?

Regards...

-Ashok.

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm guessing you are seeing this distinction in PUT. Plain Enh to Enh issues upgrade entitlement for the seat licenses. Enh to Enh HA does the same *plus* adding the HA feature entitlement.

If you already have your CCX 8.5 install licensed the choice is probably irrelevent. Customers who are performing the upgrade from 4.x (where there was a paid cold standby option) under UCSS would need to choose Enh to Enh HA if they want to keep their HA (now warm standby).

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your reply.

My core question for UCCX 8.5 is...

Is there 2 types of HA for UCCX like below?

1. Server to Server HA (Primary & standby). Standby will serve all agents once primary is down.

2. Enhanced Agent to Agent HA - Both servers are active and serve agents in HA mode so seamless transition from one server to another server without any noticeable effect for agent.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

There is only the warm standby option in currently shipping releases. The Solution Reference Network Design for Cisco Unified CCX and Cisco Unified IP IVR, Release 8.5(1) covers the functionality starting on page 4-6.

Just an FYI - post is three years old but in my searches I locted this as I am ensurign a site HA'ness ...

Note: Cisco Unified Contact Center Express 8.0 and later releases no longer support cold standby.

REF

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/customer-collaboration/unified-contact-center-express/data_sheet_c78-629807.html

On the 8.5.1 I am workign on  - Licenses has:

High Availability : Enabled

When I check the server - there are two shown as In Service - I will find what I need - but wanted to ensure others knew that the HOT/COLD option was no longer avail from 8.0 forward. 

HTH someone...

JCB