cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct callers to other queues via menu selections

m.maddox
Level 1
Level 1

We have IPCC Express 3.0(3a). I am trying to teach myself how to build a script but am truly running out of time. I'm hoping someone can give me some direction. Here is what we need:

A call comes into the main queue and will be prompted to dial 1 for Spanish and 2 for Vietnamese; they will stay in the queue if they want English. I have built a separate Queue for Spanish and Vietnamese. Thanks you for any help you can provide.

5 Replies 5

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The following example script will provide the caller an option to either remain on hold or move to other queue.

Example Script:

Accept

Play Prompt(WelcomeGreeting)

Select Resource Step(CSQ: CSQ Name) (English Queue)

------>Connected

------>Queued

--------->Play Prompt (QueuePrompt)

--------->RequeueMeLabel:

--------->Call Hold(contact:-Triggering Contact)

--------->Delay DelayWhileQueued sec

--------->Call Unhold(contact:-Triggering Contact)

--------->Menu(contact:-Trigger Contact, prompt: whichQueue)

------------->Spanish (if caller selects 1)

---------------->Use Dequeue Step if you dont want the call to be queued for both english and spanish queue's

---------------->Goto SpanishQueue

------------->Vietnamese (if caller selects

2)

---------------->Use Dequeue Step if you dont want the call to be queued for both english and spanish queue's

---------------->Goto VietnameseQueue

------------->English (if caller selects any other digits)

------------->Timeout

------------->Unsuccessful

---------------->Goto RequeueMeLabel

SpanishQueue:

Select Resource Step(SpanishQueue)

-->Connected

-->Queued

----->Play Prompt (QueuePrompt)

----->Call Hold(contact:-Triggering Contact)

----->Delay DelayWhileQueued sec

----->Call Unhold(contact:-Triggering Contact)

----->Goto SpanishQueue

VietnameseQueue:

Select Resource Step(SpanishQueue)

-->Connected

-->Queued

----->Play Prompt (QueuePrompt)

----->Call Hold(contact:-Triggering Contact)

----->Delay DelayWhileQueued sec

----->Call Unhold(contact:-Triggering Contact)

----->Goto VietnameseQueue.

Hope this answers your questions.

If there is more to your question, please elaborate.

Regards

Venkat

Thank you so much for your time and the example. Extremely helpful! I have put it together but am receiving an error and wondered if you could look at it and tell me where I messed up? Thanks!

I looked at the script. This is what I found. In the step where you have specified to play a prompt, you had not specified any thing in the prompt field hence it was giving an error. I have corrected it and you can verify the aef.

Thank you, Thank you!! I have configured an app with it successfully!! I will continue testing it tomorrow!! I really appreciate your time.

Thank you so much!

I have removed the hold/unhold as I would like for the caller, once they hit 1, to be routed to the Spanish queue-I have a designated cti port for the Spanish queue, shouldn't I expect that call to be sent to it? Right now it stays in the main queue. Can someone take a look at this for me? Thanks a bunch!