cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Initial Audio Group on Menu Element

shayanahmad96
Level 1
Level 1

I want to disable the initial audio group requirement on Menu element. Currently its a compulsory requirement to add an audio file in menu element. Is it possible to create a custom menu element where the initial audio group is no longer needed? I have tried to copy paste the YesNoMenuElement class and comment out all the lines of code referencing initial audio group. However, deploying this requires to compile this class and it is referencing many Menu imports that are not in my classpath. Would appreciate any insight on this and if it is achievable.

2 Replies 2

Why would you do this/what's the business use case? If you just need this occasionally for some reason, why not just place 100 milliseconds of silence or something in that initial slot?

I am playing the audio of the menu through fetch audio through an audio element. The call plays the prompt through fetch audio then contiuously loops between a custom class and menu where custom class checks for certain parameters which if false call goes through to menu where dtmf input can be taken from customer. Since, as soon as call hits the menu element the fetch audio stops playing i want to get rid of all references to initial audio group in the code so that the fetch audio is not interrupted/stopped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: