cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery Design Questions for Cisco IPCC Enterprise

dtran
Level 6
Level 6

I am running a full duplexed IPCC Enterprise version 6.0, with duplexed PGs, duplex ICM Controllers, duplexed CTIOS, duplexed IPIVRs and CallManger version 4.0.2a. Currently both side A and side B are located in the same building, I am looking into moving side B to our DR site in Dallas Tx.

I am not sure about how to connect the private connection between the two PGs and the two ICM controllers over the WAN, currently they're all in the same network (Subnet).

Has any body done this before ? Anything that I need to be awared of ?

Any configuration changes require in any of the servers ?

Any advices is highly appreciated !!!

thanks in advance !!!!

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The official TAC support is only for dedicated T1 between the 2 sides. I had an environment with duplexed IPCC Enterprise sides over Metro Ethernet in the same metropolitan area about 50 miles apart and it worked fine.

Chris

Hello Chris ! I understand the SRND guide recommended a full T1 between the PGs and a full T1 between the ICM Controllers. In my case I have a 10MB DS3 connection between 2 sites, I think I'll be fine as long as I have the right QoS policy applied on the WAN but not sure.

You have the Private interfaces and the Visible interfaces on both sides in different IP subnet ?

Can you tell me the IP address you configured on the Private interfaces and the Visible interfaces on both sides ? I just wanna get some ideas if you don't mind.

Thanks for your time ! I really appreciate it !!!

Danny

The ICM private network IP addresses were somthing like 10.1.239.10/24 in site 1 and 10.2.239.10/24 in site 2. There was a static route configured on the server to send out the private ICM traffic to 10.2.239.10 via second NIC. The primary IP addresses of the servers were something like 10.1.238.10/24 and 10.2.238.10/24.

Chris

Look at the SRND guide. For private connections, you need full T1. Section 9-13

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1844/products_implementation_design_guide_book09186a008057a473.html