Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubts with Routing Client / Run External Script node

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I need clarification on the below scenario. It might me silly but I am confused.

Current Scenario:

We are using 8.5 ICM version and UCCX.

Call hits CUCM --> ICM -->Translation route to VRU --> play the prompt --> gets details --> Run External script ( where we match the number in Variable 1 ) --> goes to CRS script --> transfer the number to CUCM --> From CUCM through a SIP trunk we are passing a call to a third party CAD.

Intermittently, we are getting System Error prompt where we get ''currently unable to process your call please try again later'' at the Run External Script node.

I wanted to know ,

1 .What the ways to check this issue.

2. Can we pass the call directly through a label to CUCM instead of passing to UCCX then to CUCM.

3. Sending the call to UCCX and then to CUCM , will it consume IVR port ?

Thanks

Sathya

4 Replies 4

S N
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone help

Thanks

Sathya

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

RE 1: take a look at the Route_Call_Detail and Termination_Call_Detail views on the ICM AW/HDS to see with what CallDisposition code the call ended. Also, you may want to take a look at the Router Log Viewer application to see any errors. Plus raise the logging level for the ctisvr service on the PG's interfacing the CUCM.

RE 2: yes, you can do that.

RE 3: a call is always established between two endpoints. You need to ask yourself: is one end of the call involving an IP IVR port (like playing a prompt). If so, then yes, a port is used. Otherwise, it is released and may be available for the next call.

G.

using UCCX with ICM is like using it as an IPIVR, IPIVR requires trasnlation route and not run external script.

Hi Amer,

Yes we are using translation route to VRU and for playing prompts and transferring calls to VRU we use run external script which runs the CRS script.

I wanted to know if we can change the routing request on the go.

Thanks

Sathya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: