Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF btw 2 UCCX Scripts

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We call into our call center and hear a menu with 5 options. The option 2, 3 and 5 have 10 digits call redirect to a second script. In the second script we have a menu of 8 options, DTMF works well when we use an internal devices (IP Phones, IPC or Jabber) and can select any option in the second script. But when we use a cell phone, the first script works but as soon we get into the second script the DTMF does not work. I tried any type of DTMF relay in the cube for the CUCM call leg as well as the provider call leg with no chance. I have all the below dtmf-relay configured but the call with cell phone fail to work. Has anyone faced this issue? If so, would you please share the solution?

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify sip-kpml

CUCM:11.5.1.22900-28

CUBE 4351 with IOS Version 17.6.5

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

The DTMF relay on the provider facing dial peer depends on the provider. That said, I can't think of any that aren't using this right now.

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

I think it is the dial peer facing CUCM where you might need to change. This is what I use for a large enterprise customer.

dtmf-relay sip-kpml rtp-nte digit-drop

They have plenty of cases where calls are transferred between lots of different applications. I am not aware of any that aren't working right now. Lots of them are CCX and the above works well for that. The dial peers facing CCE look the same as the one above facing the ITSP.

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

Hello Eliot,

Thank you for taking the time and replaying.

I added the digit-drop DTMF relay in the DP going to CUCM with no success. 

Thanks,

MK

Hi,

Can you please send the output of a debug ccsip messages of a call to your CCX Application number?

Please include calling and called number.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

How is DTMF relay configured on the SIP trunk in CUCM? I ALWAYS use 'no preference'. Forcing DTMF relay of ANY sort means CUCM will ALWAYS allocate an MTP. Sorry for the caps, but that is something about CUCM that gets on my nerves.