cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ECE URL MAP - Direct a chat user to another page when no agent available/logged in

uzzislx04
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to configure ECE to send a caller/chatter to a webpage if no agents are logged in, or perhaps when no agents are in ready. 

What I'm struggling with is this, from the ICM Media Routing Guide says this "You can also use the Run External Script node to push a URL to the caller's web browser.  To do this, an entry in Network VRU list must point to the URL map file on the ECE."

However, I can't find any information on where or how you create a URL map or how this is all connected.  In reaching out to TAC, he engineer didn't seem to know either.  Anyone done this or have experience with this? 

1 Reply 1

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

What you're reading in the documentation is the Network VRU Script working with ECEs DSASR (Dynamic Run Application Script Request).

If there are no agents available, you can place redirects that can take the customer to another page. However, I would recommend not even dealing with that and to use the Agent Availability API instead.

If there are agents logged in but not available, you can use the Network VRU Scripts (DSASR) to display messages and push URLs while the customer sits in the queue. But what this cannot do, at least out of the box, is completely redirect the customer to an entirely new page. You certain could do this though if create a custom chat template from the ground up.

To use DSASR, it's a several step process and could be more if you're mapping custom ECE attributes to ICM Call Variables/ECC Variables.

1. Create your Network VRU Scripts and make sure you select the correct Network VRU. If this is PCCE, it should be MultiChannel. If this is UCCE, it's whatever you named it. Name this Network VRU Script something appropriate. So if this is for after hours, make it something like ECE_AfterHours.
  2. Log into ECE partition ID 1 (department/pa partition) and expand Administration > Partition:default> Integration > Unified CCE > DRASR
    • Name: Give it a name
    • Description: Give it a description
    • Script name: Select the Network VRU Script you created in step 1
    • Enabled: Yes
    • Display message is URL: Up to you... if you're pushing a URL, you have to select Yes here so that ECE knows that it's a hyperlink. This is NOT a page push... this will not automatically open in the customers browser window, it's up to the customer to click on the link.
    • Display message: This is what your customers will see
  3. Go to your ICM Script Editor and open the routing script for chat. This is where you're going to place your Run Ext. Script node... and where you place it is up to you. You can display something before connecting to an agent, so this would be placed before your Skill Group/Precision Queue node... and/or it can be placed after your SG/PQ node for queue treatment.

The other option is what ECE calls Alternative Engagement... and this is where you can provide options to the customer while they wait in queue. They can call or email.