Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ECT Feature & SS7 switch

hi Everyone

We are planning to configure ECT ( Explicit Call Transfer ) for one of our customer , using ICM 7.5.x & CVP 7.x & E1s. I understood what needs to be done on ICM , CVP & Gateway side to enable ECT feature but still not clear enough what needs to be done on Telecom switch side or on PGW side .

Regards

Irfan Tariq

11 Replies 11

Abu Hadee
Level 3
Level 3

Are you configuring Take Back And Transfer or Two B Channel Transfer? Any way, either case, there are few config guide you can find on CCO about PGW configuration. Like the below one

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/pgw/9/feature/module/9.7_3_/FMbdtbtx.html

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

- abu

Hi Abu

I am looking for Explicit Call Transfer ( ECT) is used for E1s and TBCT is for T1s , but to use ECT we have to configure TBCT on gateway . thanks for the link, provided link dont have any infor on TBCT or ECT .

Kris Lambrechts
Level 1
Level 1

I had a look into the ETSI Explicit Call Transer feature. I've never seen this being used in combination with CVP but given that it is extremely similar to Two B Channel Transfer functionality found on T1 switch types I think that you should be able to get it to work. You'll really want to test this extensively in a staging enviorment before putting it on a live network as it this, as far as I can see, was never tried within Cisco. It probably isn't supported by TAC either.

First check the CVP Config and Admin Guide on how to set up UCCE and the survivability script to handle TBCT.

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/4F8ec

This is discussed at lenght (in the 8.0 guide) under 12: Transferring and Queuing Calls with Unified CVP - Performing External Transfers in Unified ICME.

Specifically check the following items, I believe these should be followed exactly as stated for ETSI ECT as well :

* Defining a Unified ICME Script Label for Two B-Channel Transfer (TBCT)

* Configuring Two B-Channel Transfer (TBCT)

Then for the ETSI ECT specific part, review the section Configuring the Gateway for Two B-Channel Transfer (TBCT) and compare it to the following guide that specifically addresses ETSI ECT configuration. At first sight, the implementation seems identical to TBCT transfer though.

http://tools.cisco.com/squish/398c9

Cheers,

Kris

Hi kris

Thanks for links & details information , I have gone through the cvp guides and the ESCT link . I will post it here when I am able to make it functional.

regards

Irfan tariq

Hi Irfan,

Check below URL, hope that would be helpful for you.

Cheers,

MAR

hi

Where is the URL

Regards

Irfan Tariq

Hi Irfan,

Were u able to test the ECT feature with CVP in your Lab ?

Appreciate if you could provide me the outcome of your test.

Thanks,

Matt

I would appreciate if you can share the detail requirment, what you are planning to achieve and what limitations you are facing.

MAR

I think you can use UUI feature for ECT.

MAR

we were able to generate call but our MSC Ericson guys said ECT not supported on their side so we have to stop it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: