Views
Helpful
Replies

EDMT 11.6 to 12.0(1) error

Mr Brightside
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am running common ground upgrade from UCCE 11.6 to 12.0 and both logger and HDS error out when running EDMT

7/22/21 12:59:02 PM: ERROR: Message 15401, Severity 11 : Error: SQLSTATE=42000, Native error=15401, msg='[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Windows NT user or group 'ABC\ABCCCE_CCE_CONFIG' not found. Check the name again.'
7/22/21 12:59:45 PM: ERROR: Message 15401, Severity 16 : Error: SQLSTATE=42000, Native error=15401, msg='[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Windows NT user or group 'ABC\ABCCCE_CCE_CONFIG' not found. Check the name again.'

ABCCCE_CCE_CONFIG group exists on the DB and in AD as well. However for some reason the domain name that I see on the log is not listed with .com at the end (i.e. ABC.COM\ABCCCE_CCE_CONFIG).

The system was previously tech refresh upgraded to v11.0 and then later common ground upgraded to 11.6 years ago.

Everything runs perfectly fine on 11.6

Now staging the 12.0 upgrade and hit this error.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mr Brightside
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out finally.

1. To upgrade to UCCE 12.0 one needs to upgrade the Windows OS from 2012 to 2016, which I did
  2. Following the OS upgrade you need to upgrade from SQL 2014 to SQL 2017, which I did
  3. Now, you need to run the latest cumulative update on SQL 2017, install management studio which comes separately and has to be downloaded from the internet – all done.
  4. Time to run EDMT, running it as administrator (as prescribed in the upgrade guide) – here I get the error about the group names
  5.  Now the problem turned out to be that during the OS upgrade Windows Netlogon service is moved to STOPPED MANUAL state for some wild reason. As soon as I re-enabled the service to automatic and started it  I am able to run EDMT to completion without errors

So the culprit was Netlogon service which moved itself to manual for some reason following inplace windows OS upgrade.

Here is the KB article from MS describing this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/identity/netlogon-service-not-start-automatically

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

Open EDMT run as administrator and use Windows login during EDMT process.

Hope current setup you are connecting Logger & AWD-HDS using Mixed Mode.

If fail use SA and share the logs.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

Mr Brightside
Level 1
Level 1

I figured it out finally.

1. To upgrade to UCCE 12.0 one needs to upgrade the Windows OS from 2012 to 2016, which I did
  2. Following the OS upgrade you need to upgrade from SQL 2014 to SQL 2017, which I did
  3. Now, you need to run the latest cumulative update on SQL 2017, install management studio which comes separately and has to be downloaded from the internet – all done.
  4. Time to run EDMT, running it as administrator (as prescribed in the upgrade guide) – here I get the error about the group names
  5.  Now the problem turned out to be that during the OS upgrade Windows Netlogon service is moved to STOPPED MANUAL state for some wild reason. As soon as I re-enabled the service to automatic and started it  I am able to run EDMT to completion without errors

So the culprit was Netlogon service which moved itself to manual for some reason following inplace windows OS upgrade.

Here is the KB article from MS describing this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/identity/netlogon-service-not-start-automatically

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: