cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eim/wim installation error

ganeshraghuram
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing,integrating WIM/EIM 4.1.2 in our labs with sprawler 7.0,SQL 2000 and SP4.I have run the prerequisite and have configured the Web logic as per the install guides.Now when i am running the EIM installer i am getting an error of "unable to connect to the db,pls check".I have tested the same connectivity using the ODBC and it works fine so i know there is no problem in the sa id and pwd i am using.

Few things which i have tried and tested but getting stuck at the same place are as below.

1. I have tried using the database name eGMasterDB(default one)as well as the Master db but both fails to connect.
  2. Created a new domain user and used that to install the weblogic and EIM/WIM.
  3. Tried hostname.domain.com instead of just hostname in the installation window.
  4. Able to telnet onto the hostname on port 1433.

So if anybody has come across a similar situation like this or has a fix to it.pls let me know.

Thanks

Ganesh R

3 Replies 3

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I am sure you have checked this but have you made sure the database location you have entered in CIM is correct? Also have you checked if there is an install log? Might give some ideas as to why it is failing.

Matt 

If you are installing EIM/WIM on a single server, would you not also have the SQL 2000 database on the same machine?

If not, and you are using another database on another machine - perhaps your Sprawler to make a "split server" deployment, the SQL server would be installed in binary sort order for ICM compatibility. Could be an issue.

Try an all in one install - single server deployment - with SQL on the same box.

As matthewpage said, check the install log  - it's quite comprehensive. I think it's in C:\Cisco\CIM\installation or something similar. Maybe it's in C:\temp.

Regards,

Geoff

Thanks Geoff and Matt.I figured out latter what was the problem.The SQL 2000 has to be Latin Binary which i had selected as Typical as for the sprawler.Changed that and was able to connect to the db during the installation.

Geoff yes i am installing the Sprawler,WIM and SQL on the same machine.

Regards

Ganesh