cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when starting CAD

Ron Rosenbach
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting the following error message.  It only happens on one computer.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the agent desktop with no change in the outcome.

CAD Error.jpg

If I click ok, the CAD will continue to open and the agent is able to function with no problems.  Does anyone know what is causing this error?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zaid Salama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello,

it seems that the CAD is failing to communicate with  the UCCX server for "true update". do you have a proxy configured on the PC?

1-At first make sure the user has admin right, as per the previous advice.

2-Port 6293 should not be blocking between the client and the Server.

3-Uncheck the "auto detect proxy settings"  and make sure it's disabled, you won't see the error message once again.   

Cheers

Zaid

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ron Rosenbach
Level 1
Level 1

We are on version 7.01SR5 of UCCX.

Hello,

Are you connecting to the PC using a local admin ?

My guess is that the CAd is trying to download a update but it failed .

Amer

Yes, the user is a local admin to the pc.

hi

Uninstall the CAD from system , download it again from UCCX machine then try it will solve your issue .

Regards

Irfan Tariq

I did the uninstall and rebooted.  Then reinstalled using the plugin app from the UCCX server.  No change.  I still get the error message.  It is trying to do download an update, but for whatever reason, it is only failing on this machine.  Any other thoughts?

After the reinstall, I am now getting the error message when loading the supervisor as where I wasn't before.

hi

Have you tried on some other machine which OS you are using .

Regards

Irfan Tariq

Zaid Salama
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hello,

it seems that the CAD is failing to communicate with  the UCCX server for "true update". do you have a proxy configured on the PC?

1-At first make sure the user has admin right, as per the previous advice.

2-Port 6293 should not be blocking between the client and the Server.

3-Uncheck the "auto detect proxy settings"  and make sure it's disabled, you won't see the error message once again.   

Cheers

Zaid

The user had a different proxy configured for what ever reason.  I changed it back to what it should be and all is working now.  Thanks Zaid for the help!