Views
Helpful
Replies

Exceptions in UCCX

rbassons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am facing the following problem. My environment is Cisco UCCE 7.5.x with UCCX 7.x as IPIVR (yes... I know, and the customer knows...). I have an ICM script where I assign initial values to some variables and then run an external (IVR) script asking the customer for some options.

For reporting purposes I have to track the sequence of the digits the customer can enter along the menus. Once finished selecting, the UCCX script returns some values in ECC variables and/or CallPeripheralVariables.

Things go fine in normal conditions, and the ECC variables have values that I can query to Termination_Call_Variable table. But if the customer hungs the call, the UCCX script is marked as aborted in the ICM script node, and all of these values are NULL. The only clue I have is a 448 RouterErrorCode at Route_Call_Detail.

It would very interesting to know the point of the menu where the caller hung in order to decide if the problem resides on confusing prompts or another reason.

The values are assigned to their ECC variables during the execution of the menus (verified when debugging), but if the caller hungs, the values are lost. Then mi idea was to include a On Exception (Contact Inactive Exception) instruction and set [again ] these Enterprise values and/or Call Peripheral Values inside the Clear exception section, but it didn't work.

The On Exception (Contact Inactive Exception) is not working. I also tried with Channel Inactive Exception. I found some information (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/u... regarding this kind of environments (ICM + IPIVR), but I thought it was solved since this document is very old (2005).

Do you have any idea or workaround?

Thanks!

PS. Sorry for my english

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unlike enterprise Call Variables (those defined in the General tab), the enterprise ECC variables (those defined in the Expanded Call Variables tab) are not written to the db_cra database and cannot be used in reporting. The variables are stored in the Call Contact Detail table of the database.

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_0/programming/guide/EditorSeriesVol2.pdf

Regards

Deepak

Thanks, Deepark, my issue is not on the ECC Variables defined in UCCX for exclusively use of UCCX and I do not need anything to be written in IPCC Express db_cra database but UCCE Termination_Call_Detail, Route_Call_Detail and Termination_Call_Variable tables.

My need is regarding the ICM Expanded Call Variables (user Variables), and also the Peripheral CallVariables 1-10, CallerEnteredDigits, etc.. In normal conditions they return to ICM from the UCCX script with their corresponding values, but if the caller ends the call during the execution of the IPIVR script they return with NULL values.

I need a way to maintain these values until the execution returns to the ICM script.

Thanks!

I think your best bets are:

- Break up your IPIVR script into smaller pieces and write to ICM more often.

- Have IPIVR write to its own DB.

david

Thank you, David

Our challenge was to replace the former small uccx scripts with a new one. It should contain all the functionality provided by them, from the initial menu to the last one, in order to simplify the ICM script wich launches it.

Maintaining all of these small uccx scripts requires a lot of effort to maintain the main ICM script.

We'll continue looking for a workaround...

Ramon