Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover Implementation in CAXL

Badar Ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

We are looking to implement High Availability (HA) for our CTI using Cisco Ajax XMPP Library (CAXL). According to the documentation of the library, it supports HA.

In CCX 11.6 it worked without any problems even though we didn't provide the secondary node bosh URL (httpBindingURL_secondary). 

However, for CCE 12.6 and CCE 12.0 we tried the same, but the XMPP library doesn't switch to the alternate node in that case, it keeps trying to reconnect to the primary node. We tried by providing a secondary node bosh URL in this case.

Note: serviceDiscoveryEnabled was set to true as per the documentation for HA.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I don't remember the actual process, but when Finesse detects that the connection to the current node is not working, it will try to ping the other node (info from SystemInfo) and see if it can connect to it. If it can, it will create a connection to the other node.

Thanx,

Denise

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

What do you mean when you say "HA for our CTI", do you mean you are trying to implement failover for your connection to Finesse?

Off the top of my head, I don't think Finesse relied on the CAXL library to handle the failover for it. I believe that this was a manual process of switching over the connection.

Thanx,

Denise

Yes, I meant implementing failover.

Can you please let me know the process that finesse follows for handling failover manually?

Hi,

I don't remember the actual process, but when Finesse detects that the connection to the current node is not working, it will try to ping the other node (info from SystemInfo) and see if it can connect to it. If it can, it will create a connection to the other node.

Thanx,

Denise

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: