cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Agent URL - Alternate Server

mmoulson1
Level 4
Level 4

According to: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_0/user/guide/UCCX_BK_F9324467_00_finesse-agent-and-supervisor-desktop.pdf

Agents sign in via the FQDN of the primary server.

If the primary server fails the agent will get a banner and Finesse will attempt to connect to an alternate server.

My question is if the primary server is down for an extended period of time, how do agents sign in? Do they need the FQDN of the alternate server?

Any links to any relevant documentation appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Matty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matty,

For the question above, Finesse depends on 3 services:

Finesse Tomcat

Openfire - Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service

CVD - Cluster View Daemon.

When the primary node is down, all these services are down and hence the SMART failover will begin only for the agents who were logged into Finesse. Note that this is only for agents who were already logged in.

However for a new agent who tries to sign in, if he enters the URL of the primary node, then it will fail and they have to manually enter the URL of the secondary node to login.

This is by design. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Arundeep

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arundeep Nagaraj
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Matty,

For the question above, Finesse depends on 3 services:

Finesse Tomcat

Openfire - Cisco Unified CCX Notification Service

CVD - Cluster View Daemon.

When the primary node is down, all these services are down and hence the SMART failover will begin only for the agents who were logged into Finesse. Note that this is only for agents who were already logged in.

However for a new agent who tries to sign in, if he enters the URL of the primary node, then it will fail and they have to manually enter the URL of the secondary node to login.

This is by design. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Arundeep

Hi Arundeep,

Many thanks for your reply and answering my question!

I'm surprised that there is not some way to automate this, telling the users to go to an alternate URL is not ideal! I also read that it doesn't support load balancing either!

Matty

Hi Arundeep

If Load Balance is not indicated, can the users connect to the UCCX Slave when the master is completely down using DNS resolution? Like setting the UCCX Master first and the the Slave as second?

Can you confirm if this procedure can be done?

Thank you very much.

Mártin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: