cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse and interacting with thick client end user apps (SAP)

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm trying to plan an eventual migration for a customer on UCCX 8.5 to 9.0 particularly around what the plan is around Finesse. The client relies heavily on CAD macros for SAP integration but with Finesse I'm not sure how we are going to integrate this as it will be a web based platform and I'm assuming will have limited if any access to interact with applications on the desktop the way CAD can with workflows.

One of the original selling points with Cisco was around workflows and how it's a simple integration into SAP without having to rely on SAP customization or development to integrate which will prove more difficult with Finesse at least from what I can tell? Does anyone know any technical details around Finesse and how it's meant to interact with other applications?

Cheers,

Nathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nathan

Your certainly planning ahead! The support for UCCX is meant to be in the 9.5 release of Finesse which is not due until the 2nd half of next year. Any way you will find that CAD workflows would have made there way back into finesse by this time. I believe these are due to be in the 2nd release of finesse 8.5(4). I am not sure on the full functionality though but i am hoping it will be similar functionality as what we have in normal CAD.

If you do not want to use the work flows then you would have to create a gadget which would allow you to embed applications into finesse or just use the Finesse API to pull the call data and pass into the SAP.

Matt

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

matthewpage
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Nathan

Your certainly planning ahead! The support for UCCX is meant to be in the 9.5 release of Finesse which is not due until the 2nd half of next year. Any way you will find that CAD workflows would have made there way back into finesse by this time. I believe these are due to be in the 2nd release of finesse 8.5(4). I am not sure on the full functionality though but i am hoping it will be similar functionality as what we have in normal CAD.

If you do not want to use the work flows then you would have to create a gadget which would allow you to embed applications into finesse or just use the Finesse API to pull the call data and pass into the SAP.

Matt

That's great. Cheers for that Matt. Yeah we're doing our 2012 planning for them now. Cisco just advised me that by the time it comes out for UCCX it will be feature comparable with CAD so will be interesting to see how they do workflows and desktop integration in Finesse, maybe via plugins you need to install or something, I can't see how it would be able to interact with the desktop otherwise. We definitely want to stick with workflows for the integration if possible.

Nathan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: