cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse integration in thick client (.NET Windows based application)

kalamuddin.m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We need to integrate Finesse API services in our Windows based application developed in .NET framework 2.0. Could you please help me with some code samples for this kind of integration?

I've gone through all the online samples (gadgets and non-gadgets) but none of them demonstrate this kind of integration.

What I've done so far -

- Using Rest Client (RestSharp) I'm able to access the REST User and Dialog APIs

- Using XMPP library (S22.XMPP) I tried to connect to the finesse server to get the finesse notifications but it didn't work, no event got fired to receive the notifications in the client.

Regards,

Kalam

1 Reply 1

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kalam,

I haven't integrated with Finesse using .NET myself, but I know a bunch of people in this community have. I will state that based off of the questions/comments in this community, a lot of people use MatriX for their XMPP library. It is not free though. There also isn't a code sample available for a .NET integration that is provided by Cisco.

For the XMPP part though, although this is not in .NET, you might benefit from looking at the NotificationServiceClientSample which is in Java. It will help you see what settings to turn off and on such as using TLS and PLAIN authentication.

Thanx,

Denise