cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse passing on credentials?

nmw000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I am currently trying to pass on finesse credentials to an iframe, but are having little luck. Am I overseeing an option?

I have an subsite that actually validates against the finesse api. And of course I cannot ask the user to first sign into finesse and then our application which exists inside an finesse gadget in an iframe... What are my options?

regards Nino

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Denise

If the 3rd party app arent in a iframe then it will require a complete rewrite of the application, since every submit will take the user/agent away from finesse. So thats an unlikely way to go..

Instead we have agreed on an approach where the solution(3rd party) grabs basic auth from the url path, this will work. And grant us SSO using cisco authentication.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The user credentials are stored in the finesse.gadget.Config:

/**

* The base64 encoded "id:password" string used for authentication.

*/

authorization: Utilities.getUserAuthString()

If you are using Finesse 11.0(1), it is already instantiated in the finesse.js. If you are using Finesse 10.6(1) and below, you must instantiate it in your *.js file (Please see the product specific LearningSampleGadget for an example).

Which Finesse API are you using in your gadget? If it is something available in the Finesse JavaScript API Library, then you can just use the finesse.js APIs which automatically authenticate using the Finesse credentials during login.

Thanx,

Denise

we are using 11.. And have seen the Utilities.getUserAuthString(), but are having problems with passing credentials to a 3rd party app in an iframe..

regards Nino

Hi,

Can you be more specific about this iframe and the problems you are facing? Are you building a gadget that has an iframe with the 3rdparty app inside? What kind of problems are you having? Is Utilities.getUserAuthString() returning anything back? Is the problem getting the information into the iframe? I need more details to help you further.

Thanx,

Denise

Yes Denise,

Yes I am building an gadget that have an internal iframe. Problem are that I cannot pass http headers and the customer wants SSO.

I cannot pass http headers into an iframe, as its not allowed.. Only solution I can see are to include an button (ajax wise where I can set an header) from the 3rd party web app that pops an new window.

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does the 3rd party app have to be in an internal iframe? I can't think of any other solutions for passing in credentials.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Denise

If the 3rd party app arent in a iframe then it will require a complete rewrite of the application, since every submit will take the user/agent away from finesse. So thats an unlikely way to go..

Instead we have agreed on an approach where the solution(3rd party) grabs basic auth from the url path, this will work. And grant us SSO using cisco authentication.