Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse screen pop up not loading URL in IE

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Community,

I am trying to use Screen Pop Up gadget available at DevNet download section for PCCE 9.1.

I used 3rdpartygadget user account and uploaded the gadget files to the Finesse server and restarted Tomcat Service.  I have also modified desktop layout for a test team in Finesse Administration page.

Till now all ok.

Now when I test using an agent who is part of test team, I see screen as attached; but as per documentation, I should see caption like "Screen pop up goes here".

Finesse also does not load up the URL in the browser once I receive the call.  This entire testing was done using OOB gadget files, I haven't done any modifications.

Please help me to solve this issue and guide me what am I doing wrong here so that the URL is not poping up.

I had gone thru many contents on the net and had enabled browser pop-up, cleared cache and cookies and disabled Compatibility view of IE 11.  But none had helped.  Apart from above I am not getting any material to analyse this issue further.

Please help.

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Above issue has been resolved now.  I was using gadget files of a wrong version.

However I have another question here: what can be done for the URLs which are not iframe supporting (i.e., google.com).  Is there a way to open a new IE tab / window from screen pop gadget to load the URL rather than displaying the URL within Finesse window.

Please advise if such thing is possible or any other way to get such URLs working with screen pop up gadget.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

piyush aghera
Spotlight
Spotlight

Above issue has been resolved now.  I was using gadget files of a wrong version.

However I have another question here: what can be done for the URLs which are not iframe supporting (i.e., google.com).  Is there a way to open a new IE tab / window from screen pop gadget to load the URL rather than displaying the URL within Finesse window.

Please advise if such thing is possible or any other way to get such URLs working with screen pop up gadget.

Hi,

I'm glad that you resolved the issue. As far as opening a new tab/window, there is JavaScript code to open pop ups in a new tab/window. You can change the code to use the following:

window.open("https://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/search/web?fcoid=417&fcop=topnav&fpid=27&q=" + callvars["callVariable1"] ,'_blank');

instead of changing the URL in the iframe.

Window open() Method

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise.  I had tried this method but was not successful.  Should I have to use this within html tag and replace "iframe src= " syntax with above.  I haven't tried this way yet, rather I directly put above command in the .js file.

Regards,

Piyush Aghera

Hi Piyush,

You would not use the html stuff at all and just change the render function:              

if (numDialogs==1) {

window.open("https://www.dogpile.com/info.dogpl/search/web?fcoid=417&fcop=topnav&fpid=27&q=" + callvars["callVariable1"] ,'_blank');       

}

This works on my FF browser. Unfortunately I don't have access to an IE browser at the moment.

Thanx,

Denise

That has worked like a charm with IE also Denise.  Thank you so very much.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: