cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse user login by API

voipleo
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to log in users to Finesse through custom webpage. API call (/finesse/api/User/<username>) goes well with "202 Accepted" response, but the body of response is empty. It has to be some cookie to pass to browser and identify the user.

Has anyone ideas how it supposed to work?

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The Finesse REST APIs go hand in hand with the Finesse Notification Service: https://developer.cisco.com/docs/finesse/#!about-cisco-finesse-notifications

The API makes the request and the HTTP status is just an acknowledgement that the Finesse server got the request. After the request is processed, it will send a notification via the Notification service with an error or the user object. I'd suggest doing a learning lab to learn more: https://learninglabs.cisco.com/modules?keywords=finesse

Thanx,

Denise

Hi dekwan,

Thank for you reply. So as I understood from the link to lab you gave, it's only possible to manage state of XMPP client which I must preliminary login anyway. And there is no way to login to finesse by API request, did I get it right?

Hi,

I am not sure if I am summarizing the same logic you have explained, but this is the summary.

The Finesse REST APIs make the request to login. After login (and a successful HTTP status code), you must wait for a User notification from the Finesse Notification Service (XMPP). That notification will tell you if it is successful or not. In your application, you need to make a connection (XMPP or BOSH depending on the type of application) to the Finesse notification service in the first place.

As far as the ONLY way possible, I will not say it is the ONLY way. After you use the Login API, you can always poll the agent's state by calling the GET User API to see if the agent's state is something other than LOGOUT. It is NOT recommended though.

Thanx,

Denise 

Hi Denise,

Yes, I was inaccurate in conclusion. My intention was to sign-in user to Finesse web interface using API and with your help I found that Finesse contains (at least) two components: Web Services and Notification Service. API can only handle Notification service and there is no way to force user login to web.

Thank you.