cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse v11.5 using two separate lines

smellring
Level 1
Level 1

Our location upgraded from CAD to Finesse a year ago.  We have four departments that use the Call Center function and are setup with a primary number (Direct Line) as well as a Call Center extension on each agent's phone.  Example: Jane has a direct line number with extension 4000 and another extension with 2000 on her phone.  The 2000 number is setup in Finesse for her  to answer calls that clients/customers call into her department's mainline.  The concern/question is that IF someone calls Jane or Jane uses her 4000 extension, will her 2000 extension go to "not ready - off hook"?  From our testing, it does not .  We are using 69xx, 78xx and 79xx style phones.

I have attempted to research as well as read through different Cisco Finesse manuals and not seeing anything related to how we have things setup.  BTW...I inherited this setup  so, always open to best practices and ideas.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

You didn't say if you are using uccx or ucce but I guess uccx since you upgraded from cad?

If it is ucce then you have a multi line option under the pg set up if I remember 

If uccx or even ucce, you could do a translation of their ddi to the acd DN so any calls from ddi to the acd will show as busy 

Thank you Anthony as we are on v11.6(2) and found it, enabled it and tested/verified with our call center people successfully.

I'm happy that helped you. Weird that you said you were on 11.5. What's up with that? ;)