cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse vpn-less

m.e.abouzaid
Level 1
Level 1

we have a customer requirement in a ucce contact center version 11.5 and finesse 11.5 that they would like to login from their mobile as most of the time they would be driving between different sites and they still need to receive calls even if they are not connected through vpn as it eats the battery fast and also makes the connx so slow and still we need to keep the call controlled by contact center so the agent can control logging in and out and not receving calls all the time or within a fixed time pattern 

I would be grateful if someone can help finding a solution

3 Replies 3

There really is nothing out of the box which will support this and personally it sounds like a bad idea, specially if people are driving. One potential solution is to forward the call to something like Twilio and then have Twilio create a conference and then start trying to invite the "agents" to it. You call them, ask them to accept the call via DTMF and then they join the conference. This obviously pulls completely away from UCCE and Finesse, but I don't see any other way which isn't going to cost you bundles of money.

Thanks for answering me but still I do not see the difference between your suggested solution and sending a label to a mobile number directly to go out of finesse and ucce control which is not what is required Btw mobile agent for example is great but still needs vpn
Also I am thinking of maybe a mobile app or using finesse on iphone browser which works but still using vpn , then would it be possible to use expressway or load balancer that is accessible from outside the vonbut then its translated by a reverse proxy to the finesse servers ??!
Thanks

The big difference is that when the call hits the label you have zero guarantees the call will actually arrive, if it arrives that VM didn't pick up, or if the agent is available to handle the call. With my solution you just have to worry about the call getting to your cloud VOIP provider and from there everything should be pretty easy to mitigate.

david