Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse Workflow - HTTP Request - Authentication Popup

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

My requirement is on call alerting to send a HTTP POST (or PUT) to a back-end Web server with some details of the agent's call.

e.g. I want to post ANI, Agents Login Name and perhaps a Call Variable or two.

This is all possible to do out of the box with workflows, except for one significant issue.

The below popup occurs prior to the HTTP POST and an agent is required to enter their username / password? Ahh!!!

Finesse-AuthenticationRequired.JPG

i.e. If you configure the a HTTP request to be "handled by" Finesse Desktop and set the "Location" to Other (which you have to if you want to post to an external server),  the Finesse requests the agent to enter their finesse username and password before the HTTP POST is submitted. - e.g. as per below:

config.JPG

We cannot expect an agent to enter the details again and it also prevents them from answering the call, until they enter or cancel the authentication request. So current behavior is not an acceptable solution.

i.e. Can anyone if what I want to achieve is possible to do this out of the box using workflows or do I have to create a custom gadget?

And why or how can we expect the current behavior to be acceptable for an agent (and what the rationale for it)?

i.e. would it not be possible to have a checkbox (or allow the default behavior) to use the agents existing logged in credentials?

A relevant Post here: Workflow HTTP Post with Authorization in the header?

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Release date wil be mid of March

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I believe current behavior is a bug, as its not acceptable to request agent to have to re-authenticate when they are already logged into Finesse.

I might log it as such,

Anyone have any recommendations for workarounds?

Gerry

its a defect CSCvb99364

Sameer,

Thanks really helpful. Many thanks.

The bug states it has been "fixed" but with no non fixed versions.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb99364/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Do you know if or when when a COP file or an expected Finesse 11.5 ES will be released that will this fix for this?

Gerry

This will be fixed in 11.5 ES1

Thanks Sameer,

There is a specific customer project which requires this functionality that we are planning at the moment.

Do we have any expectation on delivery date for Finesse 11.5 ES1?

e.g. end of March, April, May?

i.e. I would like to expectation on when it will be available so I know if it will impact our implementation plan.

Gerry

Release date wil be mid of March

We are facing the exact same issue on UCCE 11.5 and got confirmation from TAC that this patch is being released on April 7th.

ES1 had a defect which basically breaks Serviceability, DRS Backup & Administration links and hence been deferred.

Install ES2.

Still seeing this behavior with ES2 installed.  Did ES2 fix this for others?

Mike,

I have yet to test this The Release notes specifically state that this is fixed, so odd that you are still have the same issue.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb99364/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Gerry

you need to clear the browser cache.

crubach
Level 1
Level 1

Was there any additional follow-up to this? I am running into the same issue Gerry had when applying an HTTP Request Workflow Action requiring agents to provide basic auth each time they receive a call (which is not acceptable). We are currently running Finesse 11.6 so this bug still appears to be in play. Can anyone confirm?

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, we were on holiday break and just catching up.

I tested this out on a UCCX 12.0 system and was only prompted for the authentication the first time around. All subsequent triggers to that particular workflow did not prompt for the authentication. Unfortunately I am unable to get a 11.6 system up and running right now, so I cannot test that particular version. Per the bug information, it was verified that it was fixed in a 11.6 system.

Thanx,

Denise

Thanks Denise and Happy New Year!

We decided to go ahead and create our own Finesse Gadget for the
functionality we needed to add; but it's good to know you confirmed this
"first time around" only user authentication in UCCX 12.0 system. We will
be upgrading to a 12.x version here later this year so that will help us
when we need to add additional Finesse Workflow functionality for other
applications.

Thanks for your response!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: