cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force Open Closed script?

sturcott9891
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys, I'm trying to setup a Force Open Closed script.  The purpose being that let's say there is a fire drill or something or our computers go down, I want to be able to go in and easily close all of our facilities or just the facilities I specify.  I've got a force open closed script that was setup by the company that initially configured our phone system, but it's pretty bloated and not as user friendly as I'd like it to be.  Ultimately this is what I'd like it to do

Call comes in looks at an XML file to see if the site is open or closed and if it's closed it plays a prompt and ends the call.  Sounds like it would be pretty simple but the whole XML > IVR interaction confuses me.  Anybody create a script like this before?

2 Replies 2

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

I had a script like this before but I no longer have access to it.  It is fairly straight forward.  I created a script based off one of the holiday check scripts and used it to do all the XML reading.  I called the script as a subflow and returned a true / false value just like the holiday script did.  It made it pretty easy to use.  You should be able to modify one of the holiday scripts pretty easily.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

I've got something like this.  But there's an easier way to do it.

Add a parameter variable to the script of an integer type called ManualClose.  Have it set to 0 by default.

Put and if statement at the beginning of the script that checks the value.  If you need to force a close, go into the application and set the value to 1.  If the script sees a 1, branch to close.

But if you still want the XMl method, I can dig it out.  This is a good bit simpler and what I normally use.

Cliff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: