cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generic Agent account or Queue Selection?

thanmad
Level 1
Level 1

We've got two queues and two levels of agents.  Queue 1 is answered by agent level 1 and queue 2 is answered by agent level 2.  We're looking for a way to accomidate special occasions where agent level 1 can answer queue 2 or level 2 answering queue 1...but only those queues, not their normal queues (billing issues).

I was thinking that we could just make a generic account for level 1 agents to log into queue 2 with a "queue 2" account.

Or is there a better way for agents to be able to pick and choose their queues?

4 Replies 4

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

So you want agents to be able to choose which queue they take calls from, either their own primary queue or the other queue, but never be able to be in both queues at the same time, is that correct?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Yes, that is what i'm looking for

I'm not aware of any way for an agent to pick and choose which queue they are logged in to.  That sort of functionality is controlled by a supervisor or admin when assigning the agent to a skillset.  The closest way to maybe get what you are looking for is to have agents in queue 1 have skillset 1 as a priority 10 and skillset 2 as a priority 1.  Agents in queue 2 have skillset 2 as a priority 10 and skillset 1 as a priority 1.  Set the queue Resource Selection Criteria to "Most Skilled" and a minimum priority of 1 for the skill.  People that are lowest skill set would get the calls last and could, in theory, ignore the call.  But that opens up all sorts of other issues.

Your best bet (especially from a reporting perspective) might be to have 2 logins for each user, one for their primary queue, the other for their secondary queue.  Hopefully somebody else has a better idea.  Good luck.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Agreed - two logins. The only way.

Regards,

Geoff