cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Generic Overflow CSQ

Chris Jacobsen
Level 1
Level 1

How functional would a generic overflow CSQ be with multiple Skill Groups?  I'm looking to build one that would manage overflow for different CSQs, but I would want the people in the assigned queue to ONLY receive calls for their skill.  I can configure the CSQ and Skill Group side, just not sure about the script logic that would direct the call to the appropriately skilled agent.  Is this possible?  Thanks!

Chris

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, you can have an agent assigned to multiple skills, thus multiple CSQs, and then in the logic of the script after you want to send the call to a different CSQ you either build another nested select resource step with new CSQ or you first de-queue from current CSQ and then queue to the new CSQ.

View solution in original post

You wouldn't, that is the purpose of "overflow" which means you increase the pool of agents by routing to "larger" queue. If you want the call to go to CSQ_1 and you queue the call to CSQ_1 and don't do any overflow.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, you can have an agent assigned to multiple skills, thus multiple CSQs, and then in the logic of the script after you want to send the call to a different CSQ you either build another nested select resource step with new CSQ or you first de-queue from current CSQ and then queue to the new CSQ.

Thanks Chris. Sorry, I'm still a little confused. How would I be sure to get the call to the right person if I'm using a single queue, but multiple skill groups? Maybe this will explain my thinking a little more clearly. CSQ_1 assigned SG_1 CSQ_2 assigned SG_2 CSQ_OF assigned SG_1_OF and SG_2_OF If a call comes into CSQ_1, but all agents are busy and the call is routed (another Select Resource step) to the CSQ_OF queue. How do I make sure that only the agent(s) with the SG_1_OF skill get the call?

You wouldn't, that is the purpose of "overflow" which means you increase the pool of agents by routing to "larger" queue. If you want the call to go to CSQ_1 and you queue the call to CSQ_1 and don't do any overflow.

Ok, I understand. Thanks for your help.