Views
Helpful
Replies

Get / Send ICM data in a CVP Script

Olivier Viennot
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My objective is to translate a CCX Script in a Call Studio script and I'm not sure on the way to do with "Get/Send Enterprise Call Info" functionnality with Call Studio.

1) Get data from ICM

I'm working with an ICM script that calls a CVP Script. I want to use ICM variables like peripheral variables in Call Studio. As I read in Cisco documentation, the only way to do this is to create CVP session variable with ICM variable user.microapp.ToExtVXML.

ex : user.microapp.ToExtVXML[0] --> application=TestApplication;param1=Call.PeripheralVariable1

If I'm right, it means that I can only use 5 strings with a size of 210 characters to pass data from ICM to CVP.

2) Send data to ICM

I have to use a Subdialog Return (or a CVP Subdialog Return) object and set the parameters of this object.

Is there another way to do like setting ICM call var during the exceution of my CVP script ?

Same conclusion : I can only use 5 strings with a size of 210 characters to return data from CVP to ICM.

Does it exist other possibilities to exchange data between ICM and CVP ?

Thanks !

1 Reply 1

Not really, any other method will be completely unreliable or very confusing to maintain, such as DB lookups within ICM.  Do you really need to pass more data around?  Your IVR is not a CRM, leave desktop lookups for the desktop.

david