cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HCS-CC(UCCE) inquiry- Alternative use for the old UserToUser Call Variable

IanMellor2859
Level 1
Level 1

We have customer, who uses call variable 9 to store and track the callers call flow progress through there call routing scripts,
until it hits an Agent or Skill Group node, for reporting purposes and hit the 40 character limit, which this call variable has.
And they cannot use other of the existing  call variables, as they use all these for other forms of reporting.

So, can we modify their ICM scripts, to start using the old UserToUser variable found in the historical tables, to record this call call journey. As this variable can hold  a string of 141 characters and as this customer is a HCS-CC VRU Type 10 full deployment model, using ingress sip gateways and CVP, there is not gong to be an issue with using this call variable?

If you could let me know, I'd appreciate.

2 Replies 2

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight
Why wouldn't you use an ECC variable?

IanMellor2859
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Omar,

We would have preferred to use a ECC Variable, for this piece of work, but this customer is using a number ECC variables,
for complex VXML application, taking us to the 2,000 byte limit. I believe that this limit is not hard-coded and you can go beyond
this 2,00 byte limit. But you need an exception from Cisco, which I've tried to ask for, via our account manager/H-TOM.
So, at the moment, until Cisco come back to me, I only have the UserToUser option available to me?