Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Contact Center Script

cmmusic01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I am not extremely knowledgable when it comes to scripting. I can do basic editing. I have a queue that is getting reports of dropped calls and I think it has to do with the call transfer script. I've attached a screen shot of part of it. I think the problem lies with the dequeue step, but I'm not sure what the Triggering Contact - from XferPoint means. Does that step dequeue the call without sending it any where? Thanks for your help!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

XferPoint is a variable. The Dequeue step will cleanly remove the contact from the CSQ name contained in the XferPoint variable. This is required if you want to do use a Goto step to leave the Queued branch of the Select Resource step; or, if you are about to transfer the contact elsewhere. You're correct: once that happens the script abruptly ends. Technically it should have used a Terminate step to cleanly hang up the call before the End step.

View solution in original post

Based on the screenshot, the assumption I am making is that the QueueCalls variable was meant to be the maximum amount of time, in seconds, that a caller can remain in queue. So, putting this into pseudo code it would read:

IF QueueCalls is exactly zero OR LoggedInAgents is exactly zero
  THEN dequeue and end
  ELSE continue
IF LoggedInAgents is greater than zero AND TimeInQueue is greater than QueueCalls
  THEN dequeue and end
  ELSE continue

The first If statement appears to grab calls when there are no agents logged in or if you have entirely disabled call queueing by setting QueueCalls to zero. The second If statement pulls the caller out of queue when their wait time exceeds whatever nonzero value QueueCalls has.

Yes, assuming you want the calls to go to voicemail instead of remain in queue then a Call Redirect step to voicemail would be appropriate after the Dequeue step.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

XferPoint is a variable. The Dequeue step will cleanly remove the contact from the CSQ name contained in the XferPoint variable. This is required if you want to do use a Goto step to leave the Queued branch of the Select Resource step; or, if you are about to transfer the contact elsewhere. You're correct: once that happens the script abruptly ends. Technically it should have used a Terminate step to cleanly hang up the call before the End step.

Thanks for the quick reply! Another question or two if I may. Here's how I'm understanding the if statements:

If there are zero calls in the queue and zero agents logged in, then dequeue (hang up). (I feel like I'm not understanding this one correctly.

If logged in agents is greater than zero and the time in queue is greater than the number of queue calls, then dequeue. I think this one might be the reason for dropped calls. 

Am I reading those statements correctly? There are only three agents in this particular queue and this is a busy time of year. Thus, wait times have been exceeding 20 minutes. I'm thinking I need to add a step to transfer the caller to voicemail after the dequeue step, correct? Or change the If statement?

Again, thanks so much for your help!!!

Based on the screenshot, the assumption I am making is that the QueueCalls variable was meant to be the maximum amount of time, in seconds, that a caller can remain in queue. So, putting this into pseudo code it would read:

IF QueueCalls is exactly zero OR LoggedInAgents is exactly zero
  THEN dequeue and end
  ELSE continue
IF LoggedInAgents is greater than zero AND TimeInQueue is greater than QueueCalls
  THEN dequeue and end
  ELSE continue

The first If statement appears to grab calls when there are no agents logged in or if you have entirely disabled call queueing by setting QueueCalls to zero. The second If statement pulls the caller out of queue when their wait time exceeds whatever nonzero value QueueCalls has.

Yes, assuming you want the calls to go to voicemail instead of remain in queue then a Call Redirect step to voicemail would be appropriate after the Dequeue step.