Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide DN

When an agent calls a client in the office, his DN is showed onto the called phone.

The client, will as now on, call the DN directly instead of calling the contact center.

Is there a way to hide or even better change the DN ? If it could see the name of the person and the DN of the Contact center, it would be the best.

Thank you

16 Replies 16

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

what product are you using? UCCX or UCCE?

I'm using UCCX version 10.5

If i have to cater this situation, i would prefer to use CSS and Partition for blocking calls directly to UCCX agents.

i would create a partition and assign that partition to all agent extensions.

and i would only allow CSS of CTI Route point and CTI Ports of the CCX to access agent partition and not anyone else.

Can you explain me step by step, it will be easier to understand.

thank you very much

There are lot of online videos and material available on how CUCM CSS and Partition work so i am not going to talk about that here. but on a high level i would do below:

1. create a new partition in CUCM, and assign that to all the agent UCCX lines.

2. create copy of CSS of CTI Route point and CTI Port and add the agent partition created above in partition list of those new CSS.

3. assign newly created to respective CTI RP and Partition.

now only CTI RP and CTI ports will have access to agent line, and anybody from outside tries to call agent directly will get fast busy

I request you to do thorough Study on CSS and Partition before implementing it, because it may break lot of other thing instead of making it.

I saw something about CSS and transformation patterns, but I can't make it work ! Do you have any idea ?

See if the attached helps.This is how I made it work on my system. I just used a translation not transformation pattern. I didn't try this with a transformation pattern.

However, the phone will display "Private" with no other information. At least that's how it works on my 9.1.2 Communications Manager.

In order to block internal caller ID, I have to dial *67 followed by the 5-digit internal extension; we're a 5-digit environment.

Bill

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

This sounds more like a Communications Manager question. The way I handle this is by changing the external phone number mask on the agent line to be that of the contact center main number. This way, if the agent makes any outbound outside call, the contact center number is displayed as the caller ID, not the agent's phone number. If the agent line is the 1st line on the phone, that external phone mask gets displayed on the right top corner of the phone screen as well.

Bill

I forgot to specify that this is for internal calls, not external.

Thank you for the answer

Bill Mungaven
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, I didn't catch you need to block internal caller ID.

I spent a few minutes trying to block internal caller ID and I was able to do it using a translation pattern, i.e. *67.XXXXX.

This page might help: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_2_1/ccmfeat/fshosp.html

This page was specifically for 4.2 but I'm on 9.1.2 and I made it work with *67.XXXXX. In the translation pattern, I set the translation pattern to *67.XXXXX. I set the fields Calling Line ID Presentation and Calling Name Presentation under Calling Party Transformations to Restricted. I also set Connected Line ID Presentation and Connected Name Presentation under Connected Party Transformations to Restricted. Set Discard Digits under Called Party Transformations to PreDot.

I placed an internal call and saw Private in the display.

I didn't have time to see if I could make this work the same without dialing an access code like *67.

I know it's a pain to dial *67 (or some other access code) before an internal extension but that's how I made it work in my environment. If you have a leading digit that's not being used for an extension or other use, you might be able to use that digit before an internal number to block the number.

I'm sure there's an easy way with partitions to make this happen but I couldn't get it to work in the few minutes I had to test this.

I hope this helps.

Bill

I want to block the DN from a phone to another one. Not external calls that arrive on a phone.

The IT department have a Contact Center and when they call people inside the building, they can see their DN on the display and the next time they need support, they call this DN instead of the contact center.

I want to show, on the remote phone, when a technician calls :

"IT Department"

"# of contact center"

Whoever is calling.

I tried your solution and it worked well. But, pressing *67 before is a pain for the technicians...

The phones are configured to have 2 DN, Line 1 is their own DN and Line 2 is the Agent DN (IPCC).

For example, my phone DN is 14282 and my IPCC is 89601. To reach the CCX, you have to call a external 10 digits number or, from internal, the extension 89000.

Isn't there a way to permanently, when I call someone from my IPCC (DN 89601), instead of showing my name and my extension 89601, I would like to show the name "IT Technician" and number "89000".

This way, people who wants to call back will always calls to CCX DN instead of agent DN.

Chavdar_Baramov
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM Administration > Call Routing > Route/Hunt > Route Pattern 

There choose the one your agents are matching when dialing outside (if you don`t have separate CSS/Partitions for you agents, my strong suggestion is to configure them).

There is a part named "Calling Party Transformation" with check box named "Use Calling party's external number phone mask " and field named "Calling Party Transform Mask".

Check the box and inside the "Calling Party Transform Mask" put your Contact center external number,

if you can't do that for some reason, like this scenario: 2 GWs with 2 different ranges - one 5551XXX for handling in calls with 30 lines and 5552XXX for handling out calls with 30 lines - you can use number from the second range for the mask and than forward internally the call to the Contact center DN.

I want to change the extension number for internal calls, not externals