cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I edit icd.aef?

Craig Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

I am running UCCX 10.6.  There are a number of scripts that I am able to edit by going to the Script Management page and clicking on the icon beside the script name on this page.  It then opens the Cisco Unified CCX Editor.

However one my applications is using SSCRIPT[icd.aef] as the script and this is not listed on my Script Management page.  I also don't see it when I launch the CCX Editor and choose File-->Open and Choose the Script Repository-->default folder.

So....Where is icd.aef and how do I edit it?

I've noticed that all the scripts that I do have access to are listed as SCRIPT whereas the ones I don't are listed as SSCRIPT.

3 Replies 3

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

This is a System script, and I don't think it can be edited. If you have installed the CCX Editor, then you can find a copy of icd.aef on your PC in the WFAVVID folder. On mine it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid\Scripts\system

You should be able to edit this, rename it, then upload to the UCCX server. You will have to change your applications to use the new .aef file.

Thanks for your response Randall.  I couldn't find icd.aef on my computer under C:\Program Files (x86)\wfavvid_802\.  In fact, I didn't even have a 'Scripts' folder under this directory.  So I uninstalled CCX Editor and reinstalled it.  This time it installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco\Unified Rtmt\JRtmt\wfavvid_1061\ and I was able to navigate further to .\Scripts\system\default\ and found the icd.aef in there now.

So am I to assume that the system script icd.aef that is on my local computer is the exact same as what the production UCCX server is using?

Yes, same one. If you are using this on a UCCX 10.6 cluster, make sure you get the one from your wfavvid_1061 folder. Sometimes there are slight differences between versions. For the same reason, I wouldn't edit any 10.6 scripts with your 8.0 CCX editor. Editing a 8.0 script on a 10.6 editor will *usually* update the script to run on 10.6.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: