cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how does CVP knows the PG details , whats the specific configuration.

kavle
Level 3
Level 3

Hello all , 

small question

During the incoming call , when the call handed to CVP from CUBE and now the call will go to ICM route via PG.

how does CVP knows which PG it needs to send the call to , where do we see the GED-125 protocol configs on the CVP

any help would be greatly appreciated 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi @kavle 

There is no specific configuration for GED-125 on the CVP Server at all. And also you don't have to configure any IP address for the PG on the CVP side. 

"how does CVP knows which PG it needs to send the call to" - very simple. When the PG is installed, we set the IP address and port of the CVP Server in PG Settings. After the PG is up, it contacts the CVP Server with this IP and port and establish a connection with the CVP and that's it. The CVP Server is in a kind of "passive" mode, waiting the connection from the PG. Once the CVP receives something from the PG, it responds and the sides "shake hands" and start communicating with each other. And after it the CVP sends all GED-125 messages to this PG only and nowhere else. 

Hope, it helps you. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dmytro Benda
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi @kavle 

There is no specific configuration for GED-125 on the CVP Server at all. And also you don't have to configure any IP address for the PG on the CVP side. 

"how does CVP knows which PG it needs to send the call to" - very simple. When the PG is installed, we set the IP address and port of the CVP Server in PG Settings. After the PG is up, it contacts the CVP Server with this IP and port and establish a connection with the CVP and that's it. The CVP Server is in a kind of "passive" mode, waiting the connection from the PG. Once the CVP receives something from the PG, it responds and the sides "shake hands" and start communicating with each other. And after it the CVP sends all GED-125 messages to this PG only and nowhere else. 

Hope, it helps you. 

My Cisco Unified Communications Blog 

@Dmytro Benda this is exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you so much sir