Helpful
Replies

How DTMF works in ucce environment

Mohammed Iqbal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i would like to understand how dtmf works in ucce environment 

lets consider i have a PM script which prompts for press 1 for sales and 2 for support ..Now when user selects 1 how it passes from ingress to vxml gateway and now how vxml gateway sends it further 

thanks 

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check out this section:

VoiceXML Gateway with DTMF or ASR/TTS

A standalone VoiceXML gateway is a voice gateway with no PSTN interfaces or DSPs. The VoiceXML gateway enables customers to interact with the Cisco IOS VoiceXML Browser through DTMF tones or ASR/TTS. Because the gateway does not have PSTN interfaces, voice traffic is sent via Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) to the gateway, and RFC 2833 uses in-band signaling in RTP packets, to transmit DTMF tones.

from

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/customer_voice_portal/srnd/10-0/CCVP_BK_17742F76_00_1001-cvp-srnd/CCVP_BK_17742F76_00_1001-cvp-srnd_chapter_0111.html#CCVP_TP_VDBD0D8E_00

Basically the DTMF input is collected by the microApp  and ICM script will have logic on how to precess the call, i.e. menu step to route calls to specific destination based on the input.

Thanks for the reply Chris ,i would like to know if vxml gateway passes it to CVP server and then CVP server passes that digit to Cisco ICM ??