cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to copy prompt files in repository (Cisco UCCX 11.0)

wimhasselo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking how I can copy a prompt file in the repository via a CCX script.

for example:

copy Prompts\RecA.wav => Prompts\RecB.wav

anyone any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Wim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

This was a pretty good challenge.  A little tricky, but I was able to accomplish what I think you are trying to do:

Sourcing a prompt from the UCCX prompt repository and and copying back to the repository with a different prompt name.

There are several requirements that have to be taken into consideration in order to make this work. 

1.  You have to have an authorized user resource with the minimum of supervisor capability

2.  Authorized user resource must have a configured and working PIN

3.  You must understand the directory structures in the Prompt (and Documents) Repository (language, sub-directories, etc.)

4.  Warning: you can really create a mess of your repositories if you don't understand #3

2018-0928-scCopyPromptRevB_AEF.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Sean Lynch
Level 7
Level 7

This was a pretty good challenge.  A little tricky, but I was able to accomplish what I think you are trying to do:

Sourcing a prompt from the UCCX prompt repository and and copying back to the repository with a different prompt name.

There are several requirements that have to be taken into consideration in order to make this work. 

1.  You have to have an authorized user resource with the minimum of supervisor capability

2.  Authorized user resource must have a configured and working PIN

3.  You must understand the directory structures in the Prompt (and Documents) Repository (language, sub-directories, etc.)

4.  Warning: you can really create a mess of your repositories if you don't understand #3

2018-0928-scCopyPromptRevB_AEF.PNG

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your effort. I really appreciate!

With your example I managed to copy the prompt files.

So thank you!!!

A little background... I am trying to build a promptrecorder to record emergency messages.
The idea is to pre record 10 different emergency prompts into repository.
when there is an emergency.... then they can also use the promptrecorder script to activate one of the 10 pre record prompts by copying that prompt to a default prompt file used by the servicedesk IVR.

To deactivate to emergency message would be done by copying a blance prompt.

With kind regards,

Wim

...let me know if you would like any assistance with your prompt application. I've written several like this. I don't think the copy prompt would be necessary. The prompt recording is key. Once the prompts are already in the repository, using variables is all you need to change, for the settings.
-Sean