Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create dial peer for Out going calls to US

Arjun Kamble
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well, Please suggest me how to create dial-peer on voice gateway to dial US country. I have PSTN lines configured on voice Gateway.

Example no:

Dial no: +1480 xxxxxxx

Thank you,

Arjun Kamble

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is an example for outbound POTS dial peer:

dial-peer voice 9100 pots
trunkgroup PRI, or use port i.e. 0/0/0:23
description PSTN LD LD - Outbound
destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......  <---- assuming you want to send 9 as prefix from CUCM, otherwise remove the leading 9
forward-digits 11

As to Route pattern, create one as 91[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and point to Route List/Route Group/Gateway or Trunk for this gateway.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Wrong sub forum, as this is for Contact Center questions.  The IP Telephony sub forum might be a better spot.

Thank you Anthony for writing me, There is no Dial peer information in given link. Could you please provide me the new or Dial-peer contained links.

Thank you,

Arjun Kamble

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What country is the call from, US or somewhere else?

What trunk type is it pointing to? SIP vs. POTS?

US national patterns can be summarized as 1[2-9]..[2-9]...... so you can use that as your destination-pattern or e164 maps depending on trunk type and preference.

Thank you Chris,

We are using here POTS not SIP trunk............... and destination no starts with 148xxxxxxxxx. I need to create dial-peer and route patterns.

Please help on this...........

Thank you,

Arjun Kamble

Here is an example for outbound POTS dial peer:

dial-peer voice 9100 pots
trunkgroup PRI, or use port i.e. 0/0/0:23
description PSTN LD LD - Outbound
destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......  <---- assuming you want to send 9 as prefix from CUCM, otherwise remove the leading 9
forward-digits 11

As to Route pattern, create one as 91[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX and point to Route List/Route Group/Gateway or Trunk for this gateway.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: