cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to judge one agent is talking or not before the call transfered to this agent in ICM?

yaoxiaohua
Level 1
Level 1

The requirement is that the call must be transfered to one certain agent (for example,agent 01),but the agent may be talking or not log in or other reasons.So ICM must make sure that agent is available before the call is transfered to the agent.

What is the variable in ICM script?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Assuming you want to prevent the call to go to agent A because he/she is not in a ready state, this is not really possible unless that agent A is part of a his/her own skill group.  However, if you have a lot of agents, this will become messy.

david

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

By available, are you only referring to the agent not being on an existing call?  Are you looking for a solution in which the call is sent to the agent, regardless if the agent is logged in or not, so long as s/he is not on an existing call?

Reason I ask is what if the person isn't on a call, but also isn't at their desk?  What do you want the call to do in those situations?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

If the person isn't on a call and also isn't at their desk,the call will be sent to the whole skill group.

The reason I want to post this question is that one caller will dial-in twice or more in one day.And the caller hope to the call could be answered by the same agent when dialing the second call.So I just think the solution to that.

Assuming you want to prevent the call to go to agent A because he/she is not in a ready state, this is not really possible unless that agent A is part of a his/her own skill group.  However, if you have a lot of agents, this will become messy.

david

Yes,but the agent which the call will be sent to is a dynamic variable,how can I write the expression in the "queue to skill group"

There are 100 agents in the skill group.Therefore,I should creat another 100 skill group and Every skill group only has one corresponding agent,Right?

Actually, you can do this, but ti might not be 100% supported, depending on how you do it.  First, you will need your IVR to dip into your TCD.  From there you can use the caller's ANI to see which agent they spoke to last.  Then you could pass that to ICM and use a queue to agent node and pass the agent ID to the queue to agent node.  If the call is not answered in let's say 30 seconds then you can send the call to your main skill group where it will be answered by the next available agent.  The part that might not be supported it, is if you're doing a query on your TCD from your HDS.  Ideally you move this table to another datastore to prevent unnecessary load on your ICM server.

david

hi David,

I've tried to use the queue to agent node.but I failed. I wrote the agent expression like this"preferredAgentID=002".

when I logged on the agent 002,which agent ID was 002,the call was not sent to agent 002.

How to use the queue to agent node?

Does the person that is calling in twice or more a day call from the same phone number?  How are you determining that this specific caller is dialing in?

yes,he must use the same number.the SQL can be used to determine the caller whether he dials twice in one day

If it is only 1 specific caller that you are dealing with, or only a small handful, then you can try doing this:

Obtain the originating caller ID (Get Call Contact Info step) and place in a variable (callingANI).

Use an "If" step that reads as below, where the "2125551212" is the number you are trying to match:

If the callingANI does match the number you specify (are expecting), then you will want to present the call to the specific user.  You'll first need to set the user variable to the user name, then use a "Select Resource" step to present the call to the resource (not to the contact service queue).  It should now look like this:

And your "Select Resource" properties would look like this:

This will determine what number is calling in, match it to a predetermined number, and route the call to the specified agent, assuming the agent is logged in and available.  If the agent is neither logged in nor available, you will need to route it somewhere else (a queue for instance).  I would only use this if you are only expecting one number (or a small handful of numbers) to call in and go to one agent.  If you are expecting a different number each day that will be calling in, have large quantities of callers you want to use this with, etc., then I would refrain from it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: