Views
Helpful
Replies

How to modify UCCX script?

IdontNeedNick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to modify attached script for UCCX 8.5.1. This script is working fine with UCCX 7.0 because it's Windows based UCCX and inetpub/wwwroot is local directory. Now I have UCCX 8.5.1 and need to modify script. I tried to upload .xml file into Document repository and change .xml file path but I wasn't successful.

Any idea ?

Thanks,.

O

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I took a look at your script.  Unfortunately for you, the entire thing is written in one giant Do Step.  So it's not like I could just say, "swap this step with this step, and this step"

You need to rewrite the entire script from scratch (you would be doing yourself a service from the experience gained).

Start with a goal statement: "I need a script that reads an XML document, does X with the contents, then updates the document"

Next, break down your goal statement into logical chuncks:

1. Read an XML Document
  2. Perform actions on the XML data
  3. Write an XML Document

Tackle each one as a separate activity, focusing your searching, and documentation training on each one individualy.

For example: If I wanted to know how to read from an XML document, I might start by looking at the list of steps available to me in the editor, and find the Get XML Document Data step.  And go from there.

I will admit, the writing to an XML document is not straight forward.  And there's more than one way to do it.  So when you get there, and you have a hang up, be sure to post a new thread showing us what you were able to achieve on your own, and we can help you from there.

good luck!

Thanks Anthony...

this script we are using for generating file that is somethig like CDR !!!

Is there any other way to generate xml-based CDR ???

Maybe is bether to ask how to create CDR file from script.? It is not mandatory to be xml file. I just need a info about caller ID , time of call, ...

Regards,

O

Well, you can get CDR from CUCM, since UCCX requires CUCM to function, I know you have CUCM. (or CUCME).

Also, the Historical Reporting Client gives you access to CDR also, albeit in a different format than CUCM.

Maybe before you write your goal statement, you should write your business requirement.

E.g., "To see x, y, and z, in real time, about all calls entering the call center, and to have that data available for 30 days after the call ends."

I have UCCX script with MENU step. One of the option in that menu is "urgent call" for  customers who have that support level

I need to create CDR file just for that kind of call !!!

If I use CDR from CUCM I can see that a call is entered into UCCX script, but I can't see what MENU option was chosen by customer.

Thanks,

O

Oh that's easy.  Use the Set Enterprise Call Info step, and set the Call Variable 1 to "URGENT" and then you can use HRC to run a Call Custom Variable report for CCV == "URGENT".

Here's a few screen shots to help you:

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your reply. I will try this solution and will inform you

Thanks,

O