cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use Socialminer chat without using the webform

michaelgarcia2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all. We are a SaS company that hosts web servers for our clients. We have installed Socialminer and have the chat feature working. When we create HTML code for a specific client (csq) and have it installed into their website, there is a webform the end user is required to fill out. I was able to modify the HTML to only ask for their name. Our management team doesn't want to have user fill out any information. They just want a user to start chating with a support agent by going to the site and typing in the chat window. How do I remove the webform requirement form the SM chat? Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ragrajar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In SocialMiner chat feature "Title" and "My Name" fields of chat form are mandatory. "My Name" field is used to uniquely identify the user or the customer in the chat room.

For your requirement you can have these two fields auto populated by your UI code behind the scenes before submitting the chat request to Social Miner. The auto populated values can be same but preferable to have it different.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

ragrajar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

In SocialMiner chat feature "Title" and "My Name" fields of chat form are mandatory. "My Name" field is used to uniquely identify the user or the customer in the chat room.

For your requirement you can have these two fields auto populated by your UI code behind the scenes before submitting the chat request to Social Miner. The auto populated values can be same but preferable to have it different.