cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to view UCCX CUIC report from external database table

jaheshkhan
Level 4
Level 4

I created a table in external database. I save the data in that database table. now I want to view it as a report in UCCX CUIC from that external database. how can I accomplish it? pls help me.

im able to integrate the external database with CUIC. but dont know how I can view it as a report in CUIC. 

UCCX version : 11.6(1)

8 Replies 8

I think you posted this in a couple different places, but typically, the steps are (assuming you have a system with a premium license that allows you to create new data source/report definitions):

-create data source that is your database

-create report definition that looks at the table on that new data source

-create report that uses that new report definition to view the data you need.

Yes. we have premium license. 

I created datasource in CUIC for the external database.

but i still dont understand how to create report definition from that data source as you mentioned. 

how to do that? I searched for the guide or steps but could not get it.

we have premium license. but report definition seems missing.

ReportDefinitionMissing.png

Why it is so? what is the reason for it?

Hi there, 

Its looks like you are having an earlier version of UCCX. In this case, you need to have a standalone CUIC for report definition. UCCX release 12.5 onwards, the report definition comes with in the CCX - CUIC box. 

in case if you manage to either upgrade the UCCX or spin a standalone CUIC, you can refer to the following document to build the report definition. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/intelligence_suite/intelligence_suite_1106/user/guide/cuic_b_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-report/cuic_b_cisco-unified-intelligence-center-report_chapter_0101.html 

Regards,

Shalid

kindly note I have both CUIC and UCCX together. ie embedded.

Already mentioned in main thread that we have 11.6(1) version.

In this case what we have to do? we need to add one more CUIC as standalone? i didnt understand that point.

I heard something that if we have standalone CUIC then Live Data report is not possible. I dont want Live data report missing.

Is tehre any other way to get it third party way ? like created stored procedure etc.

valuelist.png

what is this value list showing here?

If this is not working scenario in our case why the point of adding datasource then?

Hi, 

Apologies that I missed looking at the given version earlier. You require a standalone CUIC server to customize your reports. The live data does not available in standalone CUIC. You can use the standalone CUIC to define the new reports, and then you can import the new reports to the CCX CUIC. So that you can use the same CUIC server for running the report. This time the new data source will use. 

1. New CUIC Standalone Server: Create a report definition using any of the methods (stored procedure or SQL query or anonymous block). 
  2. Define the reports by calling the report definition.
  3. Export the report from the standalone CUIC and import it into the co-existed CUIC. 
  4. Run the report here (if you want to keep a single place for all your reports)
    The screenshots shared earlier is used to define the value list. It is the items (agents, skill groups etc) that you use in a report filter. (input filter to run a report).It is not to create reports. 

Regards,

Thank you for the reply and advice.

Is there any installation guide for CUIC standalone?

Do we need a separate license for CUIC standalone ?  we already used the Premium license with embedded one. still need for CUIC standalone?

Hi, 

there are few old threads in the community forum. please  refer: Steps to Setup a Standalone CUIC 11.6(1) with UCCX 11.6(2) 

CUIC Standalone  

If you have premium license, then you are entitled to CUIC server licenses. you can either find it in your cisco account (licensing portal) or you can get it from Cisco licensing team. 

Please rate the post if it helpful or mark as resolved if you find it as acceptable solution. 

Regards,

Shalid