cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM call variables to Avaya

markerussell
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for anyone who has integrated an AVAYA to ICM and how they transfer call variables between to the two systems and also how they overcome differences in MI between IPCC and AVAYA CHT etc

In the Avaya integration guide you can define what call variables are used and are read/write, but when it comes to transferring data back from the AVAYA you have only call variable 5 to play with or is this reference for guidance only and the default configuration. I want to be able to send from ICM to the AVAYA and potentially onto the turret the customer number and type of call. Is it possible to do this?

Looking forward to your experiences

regards

Mark

3 Replies 3

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Mark,

you should use the UUI in Avaya as you pointed out and the default Call Variables on the ICM side, those variables content could be pushed to other variables and eventually ECCs and then overwritten as you keep updating the informations, same goes from the agent desktop, you could use the appropriate agent controls to update them.

Generally speaking the better method to implement this would vary based on the scenario at hand and the customer requirements, hence why I would recommend having a chat with the Advanced Services group for more specific guidance and a prompt engagement/followup.

Regards,

Riccardo

Thanks, my issue that my client has already used CV5 in their scripts and to go through them and store in a

temporary variable and retrieve the data then restore CV5 would be a massive piece of work so wanted to see if

i can move the adapter variables around to use CV4 for UUI and what was in CV4 into CV5

No way I can think of.

Sorry,

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: