cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Returning Busy Trunks in my TG

lorikendall99
Level 1
Level 1

we've developed a client that connects to a PG that simulates an IVR.

I'm able to toggle trunk state and ICM sees it just fine <in the PG trace>

I issue a route request and the proper translation route script executes. No problems there...

The translation route that usesing this trunk group and instead of returning a free trunk, ICM is marching through each trunk in the group and returning it, regardless of being available or not.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

6 Replies 6

jfagan
Level 1
Level 1

So your developed client is the Routing Client?

How you you have your labels configured?

What is the Peripheral you are Routing to?

I'm new to ICM so some of the terms may be incorrect.

Yes, we've developed a routing client. we are able to send route selects, run scripts and return route selects, all that's working fine. I can set labels or scheduled routes, all that works fine.

we pass up trunk information from our routing client->pg and onto icm. From the PG trace it all looks good.

were trying to do a translation route and have it return a DNIS of a available trunk in a trunk group. Instead of an available trunk, it is marching throgh the trunks in the group with each route request each time we return 1, then 2, then 3, then 1....

does this help?

The translation route process does not look at the Trunk availablity. Generally a DNIS is not mapped to a specific Trunk but a Trunk Group. What is it about your design that requires a specifc trunk to be available?

When you translation route it is generally from one device to a second. Where is the call expected to go?

Newbie question again..

If translation route doesn't care about trunks, why do I have to add specific trunks as peripheral targets? I'm assuming that we're passing trunking information to ICM can use this in making a decision someplace?

Actually we are trying to use trunk information as kind of agent availability. we set trunks avail/not avail based on resources we keep track of.

we map the trunk grp/id to a specific resource on a route select, convert that information in to something else and hand the call off to that resource.

how/where can i get my hands on trunking info in a script???

Thanks!!!

When you add a peripheral Target it does not ask for Trunks it asks for a Network Trunk Group.

- Each network trunk group has 1 or more Trunk Groups

- Each Trunk Group has one or more Trunks

A peripheral target tells the ICM where the call is going to arrive in the translation route. In most systems the DNIS alone is all that is required. In some system the phone line the call arrives on also make a difference. So to accommodate these systems when we configure a Peripheral Target we also have to tell the ICM what Group of trunks the call will arrive on. It is not, specifically, to monitor the availability of the trunks.

If you have the trunk groups configured, and the peripheral supports it, the ICM can look at the status via the formula editor within a script.

Thanks.

Yes, I can test in an IF statement to see if any trunks are available. I can toggle all the trunks off via my application and this test will fail, toggle one on, and it will be a true statement.

NetworkTrunkGroup.test_group.TrunksInService>0

But i don't see anything to get at individual trunk information. Can I define a user variable or something, set it equal to the networktrunkgroup var and access it that way?

other than real time information why pass trunk information from an IVR PG to ICM?

Thanks!!!!!