Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM script lock

rmanakadav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

can anyone help in below issue with script editor .

when i try to save a script i am getting error "you cannot update script because you do not own the script lock " .i checked and couldn't find any script lock.

this was happening in all the script and in both production and testing servers as well .  Also compared the AD groups assigned to me with other team members and its same  .This is first time i am accessing the script editor from this serversscript_lock.png

20 Replies 20

mmchale
Level 1
Level 1

I too get this error, which seems to be a bug linked to WxCCE in particular. Previously on UCCE, once I had saved a script (now on screen in monitor mode), I would right click, select properties and then edit the 'Description' field, with details of the script change. I could then close the script no problem.

However, when I follow the same process on WxCCE, I get this script lock error pop up when trying to then close the script (that is in monitor mode and not edit). My only way round this is to close the script first, before then locating in Script Explorer, to then add comments in the script description.

Anyone have any ideas why the scipt lock error would come up when making a notes in the description field of a script that is not in edit, but is in monitor mode?

Do you always do this right after you did the save process? In other words, if you saved the script, waited 2-3 minutes then tried to do the comment/description, does that work? Not an ideal process of course, but at least would help pinpoint if the error is tied to the lock with the recent change and some type of delay reloading the configuration vs. something else.

Doesn't seem to make any difference how long I leave it from the last save? I've gone back to it days after my last save, open in monitor mode, right click, properties.. edit description, close... but when going to close the script, it asks me to save... if I click yes, I get the error... if I click No, it closes and still notes my comments in the description... I don't get the same experience on UCCE, so this is a unique quirk to WxCCE

Does it happen to other users, not just you? And happens no matter what server you connect to? That is strange if unique to WxCCE. What does the partner/Cisco say about it since I imagine they support the WxCCE platform?

mmchale
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, the same thing happens to others and it also happens no matter what server I am connected to... All very weird. We have to use a workaround, or simply click 'No' when it asks to save. It's just odd, since we are not in edit mode, so nothing is getting saved anyway.

Have you opened a TAC case on it, that definitely sounds like a bug worthy of a defect.