cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Scripting Call Variable?

George Michaell
Level 1
Level 1

Guys, I have specific requirement, to write an information in a call peripheral Variable but that info should not be displayed on the agent desktop and only written in the DB for reporting.

we cannot use ECC variables due to certain limitations.

Any idea if that can be achieved??

Any details would be appreciated.

Regrds, abd

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Abdullah,

Why did you need to keep it, if you are going to show nothing on it?

I would just delete it. It makes no sense to keep it and it makes the CTIOS client have less columns which is a good thing).

But if you really want to keep it, but have no data in it, then leave the Header Name as Var10 (so it LOOKS the same to the agent), but change the type value to a unused ECC variable or a existing PV variable that has no data in it.

Setting the type to 0 might also work.

But i don;t recommend setting the type to an unvalid value, as it could log errors in the ctios client.

I would delete it. If you don't need to show data in it, you don't need it on the desktop.

Read the above guide for examples.

Gerry

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Abdullah,

This can be achieved by creating a custom ECC variable with the persistent checkbox checked. (I think that the checkbox...).

That will be logged into the HDS database in terminal Call Variables Table which you can link to the other tables.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/ippcenterprise10_0_1/reference/UCCE_BK_D3D5FB15_00_1001-database-schema-guide-for-ucce/UCCE_BK_D3D5FB15_00_10-0-1-database-schema-guide-for-ucce_chapter_01...

Gerry

Thanks for the reply Gerry,

But thats the limitation we have to work with, as we cannot use Persistent Variables in this client environment.

Any other way we can use Peripheral Variables.

Abdullah,

Thinking about this some more, you don't need to do above.

Set data to one of your Peripheral Variables, e.g. PV10 and hide the PV from the Agent.

In CTIOS this is a global config for all agents & all calls, e.g. hide PV10

In CTIOS Server (See CTIOS Manager guide) you can configure this in the Registry)

or FInesse you can do this at the global or team level (depending on which version of Finesse you have).

Gerry

Gerry

Hiding the PV would work great for me, can you please let me know what do i need to change on the registry..

Abdullah,

See below doc for where and how to change this config on the CTIOS server (make changes to BOTH CTIOS servers).

CTI OS System Manager Guide for Cisco Unified ICM/Contact Center Enterprise & Hosted Release 10.0(x) - CTI OS Configura…

Gerry

modified.JPG

that is such wonderfull piece of information, can you please check my screen shot of the modification and let me know what am i doing wrong..

Abdullah,

your config above has PV10 as displayed but not editable.

You don;t want it to be displayed at all, so delete the key number 18 on both your CTIOS servers and restart the CTIOS servers.

To take a backup of your registry prior to this right click on the call appearance field and export it.

So you could easily re-import if necessary.

Its a simple text file.

Gerry

Gerry

We want the Var10 to stay on the grid but the information should not be displayed in it.

I have changed the maximum characters to zero then why its still showing the data on the Client desktop.

Abdullah,

Why did you need to keep it, if you are going to show nothing on it?

I would just delete it. It makes no sense to keep it and it makes the CTIOS client have less columns which is a good thing).

But if you really want to keep it, but have no data in it, then leave the Header Name as Var10 (so it LOOKS the same to the agent), but change the type value to a unused ECC variable or a existing PV variable that has no data in it.

Setting the type to 0 might also work.

But i don;t recommend setting the type to an unvalid value, as it could log errors in the ctios client.

I would delete it. If you don't need to show data in it, you don't need it on the desktop.

Read the above guide for examples.

Gerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: