Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM to ICM Gateway Bug

jpsweeney77
Level 4
Level 4

v7.5

If you set a Peripheral Variable equal to a value >40 characters in length prior to an ICM to ICM Gateway request, the ICM Gateway request will timeout. Can be reproduced each and every time. I understand the limitation of the PV is 40 which is not my issue. If I move an ECC variable that has a length of 42 into a PV it truncates the last two characters when moving it into the PV which I'd expect. It should not however interfere with an ICM Gateway request. It seems to be storying the 42 character value in memory somehow but that's pure speculation. Has anyone else experienced this? A ticket has been opened with Cisco but thus far we haven't gotten to the right folks.

BTW, 42 is just an arbitrary number.

3 Replies 3

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

BTW, 42 is just an arbitrary number.

Well, if you know your Douglas Adams, you will know that there is nothing arbitrary about the number 42.

Regards,

Geoff

hahaha!

Alright, I've found something very interesting. Taking ICM Gateway out of the equation it seems that the PV's in router memory will store whatever value you pass in. So for example, if I stuff Variable1 with 200 z's I of course would expect Var1 in RCD to be 40 z's. However, if you run a len(Call.PeripheralVariable1) in your script you will see that the length is in fact 200!

I'm going to start a separate thread on the PV's storing >40 characters in router memory. I believe the ICM Gateway request blows up because it is getting passed a PV that has a value in memory >40. Still not right, but at least I'm getting closer to the root of the problem.