Helpful
Replies

IE9 JS not working until console opened

NeilClancy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Strange one here...

I have an app that assigns wrapup codes via http request. It is fully tested in Firefox, and I had the opportunity to test on the customers test environment with IE8, but when I try to use IE9 I get some strange behaviour.

The wrapup code is not assigned and nothing happens, the dialog bar says "error on page" pertaining to JS error.

When I open up the JS console to have a look, suddenly it works fine. I can select wrap up coObviously I cannot go to the customer and tell them "Sure, just get your agents to open up their web consoles, no sweat!" If anyone has any recommendations or hints as to what I can do to resolve this, no matter how vague, it would be much appreciated, thanks!

NB "Use another browser" won't do here unfortunately! Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

NeilClancy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

I got this resolved and thought I would come back to reply in case somebody else finds this issue, but it reveals that I am not a seasoned web developer

IE does not like console commands, i.e. I had a load of debugging remarks with console.log(), once this was removed it worked fine.

I just hope I've saved someone a bit of time!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

NeilClancy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again,

I got this resolved and thought I would come back to reply in case somebody else finds this issue, but it reveals that I am not a seasoned web developer

IE does not like console commands, i.e. I had a load of debugging remarks with console.log(), once this was removed it worked fine.

I just hope I've saved someone a bit of time!