Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC 4.5 to CCX 8.5 Upgrade

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Just wondering what the best way will be to upgrade IPCC 4.5 to CCX 8.5, i know there is no direct upgrade but want to know how the licesning will work. CCX will be on new UCS server. Current CUCM version is 5.x and new CUCM will be 8.6.2.

Thanks for your help

Mohammed!

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Save everything from the prompt, script, and document repositories. After that write down everything remaining: applications and parameters, system paramters,  application names and triggers, call control group settings, any subsystem configuration, etc. You should be able to open the AEF scripts in the new editor, revalidate them and then reupload them post upgrade. Everything else will have to be manually put back together. You may want to install a copy of 8.5 in the lab using a demo license to give yoruself time to test/prove everything out. Many customers use this as a time to clean things up a bit.

PS- You may want to save a copy of the db_cra SQL database. You will have no other mechanism for running reports from the 4.5 install post-upgrade.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your response, i was after an upgrade process from 4.5 to 8.6, if i was doing a fresh install that would easy to do. The customer would like to do upgrade due to the costing involved with licensing.

The upgrade will be from IPCC 4.5 on MCS7825 to CCX 8.5 on UCS210. Thanks

Regards

Mohammed

If the customer has an active UCSS contract you can just place a PUT order and then order the C210, VMware ESXi, and VMware support. If the customer doesn't have UCSS you will need to perform an a-la-carte upgrade; the ordering guide covers this.

There is no upgrade process from an engineering perspective. You must perform a fresh install if your'e on 4.5.

Thanks Jonathan,

It looks like i need to upgrade from 4.5 to 7.0 and then from 7.0 to 8.5 then. I really don't want to go this path as it will be time consuming, i will see if cisco licensing can provide me license i can use for upgrade 4.5 to 8.5.

Thanks

Mohammed

Yes Mohammed,

The right upgrade path would be 4.5 >> 7.0 >> 8.0 >> 8.5.

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.