cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC/CAD failover

bullett
Level 1
Level 1

I have been running failover tests on my IPCC system using CAD desktops. When I stop all services on the active side using service control agents on a call and agents in ready state switch sides but remain in the appropriate state (eg talking or ready). However if the agent is in Not ready they are logged out and have to manually log back in after restarting the CAD application.

Is this normal behaviour? or should not-ready agents also transition over to the other side and remain logged in and not-ready?

What are your experiences of this? I would have thought a failover would move all agents in whatever state they are in.

Cheers

Bully

7 Replies 7

wiwebb
Level 4
Level 4

I don't believe this is to be expected. What version of IPCC Enterprise is this, and what, if anything, is in the "Configuration Parameters" field for the CallManager Peripheral?

- Bill

- Bill

Those were my thoughts as well. Its a system IPCC install or version 7 not an Enterprise install. Different install process and very limited instal parameters, nearly everything except IP address and JTAPI user details is pre-defined.

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

I'm running IPCC Express 4.0(4)SR1 and noticed the same thing.

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Are you CAD user full administrators on their local pc? Could be a permissions issue.

Most aren't, however I am and from my Desktop this is what I experience.

We are running IPCC Prem 4.0(4)SP1 & it is normal when failing over to the standby server that the agents need to re-login.

Hope this helps.

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Here's a different question - if the CallManager fails over, how long should the CTI route points and ports take to re-home? In my last round of failover testing, it took about 90 seconds and I wasn't sure if this was normal or not.