cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC Directory lookup feature

gbwatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I am integrating an IPCC Express system and the customer would like to use the dial-by-name function; much like the one found in Unity. I know you can integrate it with either DCD or AD, but the want to know if there is a way to connect it somehow to Unity itself in order to take advantage of the "do not list in directory" feature.

Now, I am fairly certain (correct me if I am wrong) there is no way to integrate IPCC with Unity directly. However, does anyone know how I could deliver this "do not list" feature when integrated with either DCD or AD?

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Why don't you just configure your IPCC Scripts to just send the call to Unity when someone wants to dial by name. For example, "press 1 to dial by name..." when they press one, send them directly to Unity's Directory Handler.

please rate posts.

andy - berbee

Andy,

I have thought about that and I will most likely use Unity to perform the Directory function. however, my customer is trying to offload as much as possible from Unity where applicable.

therefore, I was hoping someone could help me with this configuration; or at the very least tell me it is not possible (which I doubt is the case)...

Thanks for your response,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

You probably figured this out by now, but in the default aa.aef script, I believe there is a peice of code that does dial by name. The trouble with this is you have then go into CCMAdmin, Users and assign them to the AA and record a name prompt.

It's really ugly and I would try hard to sell them on using Unity for this function. DBN should be a small percentage of calls that come into the AA I would guess.

--Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: