Helpful
Replies

IPCC Express as domain member server.

d1nnsear
Level 1
Level 1

IPCCX 3.5.3

Standalone ICD install.

Is it ok (supported by TAC) to install CRS as a member server. If so, is it ok to change from a workgroup to domain after CRS is installed? What are the implications etc?

I'm only thinking of this to make it easier to map the network drive needed by CAD (any tips on doing this when IPCC is in a workgroup?).

Cheers,

NJ.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pralex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The CRS can be made as a member of a Domain after installation.It has been tested as such.

Note:Do not enforce any domain related policies on CRS server.

If any security policies are pushed to the

server, then these policies can have an adverse impact on whether or not the services "logon as" parameters will be successful or not.There are many factors that can influence this, and as a result, security policies should be avoided for the CRS

server.Please keep in mind that if a policy is pushed to a machine that results in a local change (eg. registry...) simply removing from the domain may

not "undo" a previously pushed policy. In cases like

that, a complete rebuild and restore may be necessary if you can't find and undo the

change.

Regards

Prasanth

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

pralex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The CRS can be made as a member of a Domain after installation.It has been tested as such.

Note:Do not enforce any domain related policies on CRS server.

If any security policies are pushed to the

server, then these policies can have an adverse impact on whether or not the services "logon as" parameters will be successful or not.There are many factors that can influence this, and as a result, security policies should be avoided for the CRS

server.Please keep in mind that if a policy is pushed to a machine that results in a local change (eg. registry...) simply removing from the domain may

not "undo" a previously pushed policy. In cases like

that, a complete rebuild and restore may be necessary if you can't find and undo the

change.

Regards

Prasanth

Thanks for the tips. I guess the other caveat is that I'll have to remove it & re-add it to the domain whenever I have to perform updates/upgrades.

Cheers,

NJ.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: