cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCX ASR Alphanumeric - VXML

MARK HANDERMANN
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone had any success using ASR to collect a string of alphanumeric characters? or using VXML?

13 Replies 13

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Currently there is no way by which one can collect a string of alphanumeric characters using VXML

msmalley
Level 1
Level 1

Yes. However the appropriate product is CVP.

You will need to files. One will be the vxml doc and the other will be grxml doc.

The VXML doc will be called by the voice browser and the grxml doc will be referenced by the vxml doc.

In the vxml doc you will see the prompt that is played as the directions. Also there are nomatch and no input tags. They explain what will happen when nothing matches and nothing is heard.

In the grxml doc there is an item for each character. Within each item there is ruleref. Each ruleref specifies the possible character for the position in the string. This example has has 10 positions.

To use these docs have them uploaded to the respective repository. Create a document with a path of "crtp:/Documents/lang,en_US/BeaconContracts.vxml"

Then call the voice browser with the created document. Under the attribute tab add a name of "returnval" and Script Variable of whatever you want the output of the vxml to be. In this example if the ASR engine couldn't understand it will return "cantunderstand" so you can handle it in the UCCX script.

Thanks for your help. I will try to play with this and see if I can get it to work.

Can you explain the path of the document? "crtp:/Documents/lang,en_US/BeaconContracts.vxml"

Sure.

This is the path to documents in the repository. You have to use this path to reference files that are in the repository from the VXML documents. It is better to use the docs from the repository because they are backed up with IPCC backups and they are synced across all servers in an HA environment. You could substitute "Grammar" for "Documents" to reference a file in the Grammar repository. Or you could specify a different language for Spanish (lang,en_ES)

Does that help?

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks for your help!

I have created both the grammer and the document in the repository. The one thing I am un-sure is the syntex of the path. I have DOC["ipcc1:/Documents/lang,en_US/BeaconContracts.vxml" ] where ipcc1 is the name of my server.

My second questions is on the path for the audio files you have , does this mean you have a sub-directory SE2/ASR underneath en_US? I removed SE2/ASR where my prompts are and I am not hearing anything.

Thanks in advance!

The syntax of path would be:

"crtp:/Documents/lang,en_US/BeaconContracts.vxml"

The "crtp" is the important piece as it tells the system to look in the repository.

Audio Files:

You are correct in regard to the subdirectories. If your files are in the root of en_US then the path would be src="crtp:/Prompts/lang,en_US/PROMPTFILENAME.wav"

I will make the change.

Thanks once again!

Now I am getting the following message in the engine log:

com.cisco.voicebrowser.VBEvent: error.badfetch: user document 'C:\Progra~1\wfavvid\Documents\User\en_US\crtp:\Documents\lang,en_US\BeaconContracts.vxml'; nested exception is:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: user document 'C:\Progra~1\wfavvid\Documents\User\en_US\crtp:\Documents\lang,en_US\BeaconContracts.vxml'

It is looking for the file within the server's file system.

Create your document using the the Create URL Document Step. Specify the "crtp:\Documents\lang,en_US\BeaconContracts.vxml" in the URL.

The log show the vxml document has been load successfully (fetching (crtp:/null/\Documents\lang,en_US\BeaconContracts.vxml) was succesful.)

However, my VoiceBrowser step is now failing.

(1286930: May 31 18:20:12.596 EDT %MIVR-APP_MGR-3-STEP_FAILURE:Failure to execute a step:

Application=App[name=Test,type=Cisco Script Application,id=2,desc=Outbound,enabled=true,max=5,valid=true,optional=[script=Main3.aef,

cfgVars=[Lcom.cisco.wfapi.util.WFNameValuePair;@89007e]],Task id=29000000186,Step id=4696,Step Class=com.cisco.wf.steps.voicebrowser.VoiceBrowserStep,Step

Description=expr = Voice Browser (--Triggering Contact--, DEFAULT_DOC_VER4),Exception=java.lang.NullPointerException)

any thoughts???

Hi Mark,

I know this post thread is over a year old but just curious if you got this working? I am doing something similar.

Hi,

I am using VXML with in Cisco CRS Editor. I need to know is there any way to pass parameter to vxml from script..???

Any idea greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jenny

You can use Javascript to dynamically build your VXML doc. Take a look at this.

http://www.vxml.org/frame.jsp?page=t_9.htm

If your data that you need to recognize is coming from a web service and generated XML you could use an XSLT document to format it as VXML.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: